1. Calling this section "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Times" is just not reasonable because of the length of the title. The church recognizes that shortened versions sometimes are necessary, such as the church's main official Web sites, lds.org and mormon.org, or church-affiliated agencies such as LDS Family Services.
2. The Mormon Times is not an official church publication about the church. An official publication is the weekly Church News distributed every Saturday as part of the Deseret Morning News.
Mormon Times is about the people, faith and culture associated with the church. The church's media guide says:
• "Mormon" is an acceptable reference to church members.
• Also, "The term 'Mormonism' is acceptable in describing the combination of doctrine, culture and lifestyle unique to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."You can read the church's complete style guide for media, online at www.newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/style-guide David Schneider, Editor, Mormon Times
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- Reader voices: Memories of the Golden Toaster...
- A sister missionary shares lessons in...
- 10 accomplishments of the Relief Society
- 'Noah' receives disclaimer, may be banned in...
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere... 117
- British judge hears arguments in case... 51
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to... 22
- Calif. city torn by multiple fights... 17
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of... 13
- Eliza R. Snow is more than a poetess as... 9
- Which bible do Americans read most? 9