1. Calling this section "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Times" is just not reasonable because of the length of the title. The church recognizes that shortened versions sometimes are necessary, such as the church's main official Web sites, lds.org and mormon.org, or church-affiliated agencies such as LDS Family Services.
2. The Mormon Times is not an official church publication about the church. An official publication is the weekly Church News distributed every Saturday as part of the Deseret Morning News.
Mormon Times is about the people, faith and culture associated with the church. The church's media guide says:
• "Mormon" is an acceptable reference to church members.
• Also, "The term 'Mormonism' is acceptable in describing the combination of doctrine, culture and lifestyle unique to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."You can read the church's complete style guide for media, online at www.newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/style-guide David Schneider, Editor, Mormon Times
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 24
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 10
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 4
- Having trouble understanding the Bible?... 4