1. Calling this section "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Times" is just not reasonable because of the length of the title. The church recognizes that shortened versions sometimes are necessary, such as the church's main official Web sites, lds.org and mormon.org, or church-affiliated agencies such as LDS Family Services.
2. The Mormon Times is not an official church publication about the church. An official publication is the weekly Church News distributed every Saturday as part of the Deseret Morning News.
Mormon Times is about the people, faith and culture associated with the church. The church's media guide says:
• "Mormon" is an acceptable reference to church members.
• Also, "The term 'Mormonism' is acceptable in describing the combination of doctrine, culture and lifestyle unique to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."You can read the church's complete style guide for media, online at www.newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/style-guide David Schneider, Editor, Mormon Times
Send questions to email@example.com
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS grandmother completes Personal Progress...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 53
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 31
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 13
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9