After a lackluster first half, the Utes racked up 451 yards total offense, with offensive MVP Brian Johnson completing 20-of-25 passes for 226 yards and one TD and rushing 11 times for 69 yards and another score.
The Utes allowed Navy the nation's top ground attack to run for 316 yards, its season average. Joe Dale had two key plays a fourth-down stop and a game-ending pick. Utah had enough stops from midway in the third period until the final minutes.
GRADE BSpecial teams
Louie Sakoda had five PATs but suffered through a challenging game punting, with two sub-30-yard kicks dropping his game average to 34.5 yards. Navy recovered the late onside kick and nearly broke some long kickoff returns.
Utah regained the lead in the second half and then retained it. The Ute offense came alive in the second half to score 14 points in each of the final two quarters. There were enough key stops to stymie the Midshipmen.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- Hawaii trip had benefits for Utah Jazz aside...
- Utah football fans set to camp out for ESPN's...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19