From Mitt Romney's address:"I am an American running for president. I do not define my candidacy by my religion. A person should not be elected because of his faith; nor should he be rejected because of his faith."
" ... No authorities of my church, or any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions."
"Freedom and religion endure together or perish alone."
"Religious tolerance would be a shallow principle indeed if it were reserved only for faiths with which we agree."
"Any believer in religious freedom, any person who has knelt in prayer to the Almighty, has a friend and ally in me. And so it is for hundreds of millions of our countrymen: We do not insist on a single strain of religion rather, we welcome our nation's symphony of faith."
"I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it. My faith is the faith of my fathers. I will be true to them and to my beliefs. Some believe that such a confession of my faith will sink my candidacy. If they're right; so be it.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Top 15 states for education
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 9
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6