From Mitt Romney's address:"I am an American running for president. I do not define my candidacy by my religion. A person should not be elected because of his faith; nor should he be rejected because of his faith."
" ... No authorities of my church, or any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions."
"Freedom and religion endure together or perish alone."
"Religious tolerance would be a shallow principle indeed if it were reserved only for faiths with which we agree."
"Any believer in religious freedom, any person who has knelt in prayer to the Almighty, has a friend and ally in me. And so it is for hundreds of millions of our countrymen: We do not insist on a single strain of religion rather, we welcome our nation's symphony of faith."
"I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it. My faith is the faith of my fathers. I will be true to them and to my beliefs. Some believe that such a confession of my faith will sink my candidacy. If they're right; so be it.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Suicide vest found in Paris raises possible...
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- Tunisian president declares state of...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 41
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 28
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 13
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12