From Mitt Romney's address:"I am an American running for president. I do not define my candidacy by my religion. A person should not be elected because of his faith; nor should he be rejected because of his faith."
" ... No authorities of my church, or any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions."
"Freedom and religion endure together or perish alone."
"Religious tolerance would be a shallow principle indeed if it were reserved only for faiths with which we agree."
"Any believer in religious freedom, any person who has knelt in prayer to the Almighty, has a friend and ally in me. And so it is for hundreds of millions of our countrymen: We do not insist on a single strain of religion rather, we welcome our nation's symphony of faith."
"I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it. My faith is the faith of my fathers. I will be true to them and to my beliefs. Some believe that such a confession of my faith will sink my candidacy. If they're right; so be it.
- In Disney World's shadow, homeless families...
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Sherpas leave Everest; some expeditions nix...
- Gas explosion forces Wyoming town to evacuate
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Costa Rica is demanding US explain 'Cuban...
- Student debt holds back many would-be home...
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 26
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 26
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 21
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 20
- Vegas’ water drying up 15
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin... 12
- Some countries get Obama, but want his... 11