From Mitt Romney's address:"I am an American running for president. I do not define my candidacy by my religion. A person should not be elected because of his faith; nor should he be rejected because of his faith."
" ... No authorities of my church, or any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions."
"Freedom and religion endure together or perish alone."
"Religious tolerance would be a shallow principle indeed if it were reserved only for faiths with which we agree."
"Any believer in religious freedom, any person who has knelt in prayer to the Almighty, has a friend and ally in me. And so it is for hundreds of millions of our countrymen: We do not insist on a single strain of religion rather, we welcome our nation's symphony of faith."
"I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it. My faith is the faith of my fathers. I will be true to them and to my beliefs. Some believe that such a confession of my faith will sink my candidacy. If they're right; so be it.
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- One third of millenials regret going to college
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO posts statement on...
- Stories behind viral Oklahoma tragedy photos...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Brave woman tried to reason with London...
- Why $1 billion doesn't mean what it used to...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 55
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,... 38
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- IRS official Lerner invokes Fifth... 22
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 21
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17