Taser victim says UHP is 'stonewalling'
He says agency has failed to act on his request to investigate
"Do you want another hit with this," the trooper asks.
"No. I want you to read me my rights," Massey replies.
"I want you to follow my instructions and do as you're told," Gardner says.
Massey and his wife are still deciding whether they'll file a lawsuit against Gardner and the highway patrol. "We're looking at options how can we solve this problem, how can we protect this from happening to someone else again if it takes a lawsuit then I guess it does," he said. "We haven't made up our minds."
Roden said the public response to the video has been overwhelming.
"We're not actually taking a number, but we've received hundreds of e-mails and phone calls," he said.
Gardner remains on duty, and Roden said he is not aware of any past use of force complaints against the 14-year UHP veteran. The UHP's internal investigation has been expedited since the posting to the dash cam video on YouTube and is expected to be completed early next week.
For Massey, the media spotlight he and his family have been in for the past two days has not been enjoyable at all."Telling the story this week and publishing it has brought back horrific memories," he said. "I still don't like people knowing that this happened to me. I could do without my name being out there, without the attention. It's nothing that's excited me."
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- 14-year-old boy is losing his sight but sees...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 34
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 23
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 16