Matt Rourke, Associated Press
Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. is headed to Iraq today and will spend Thanksgiving there as part of a holiday visit by GOP presidential candidate John McCain.
Sources told the Deseret Morning News that Sen. McCain, R-Ariz., and the Utah governor will be be in Iraq over the holiday. Although no details were immediately available, they may be sharing Thanksgiving dinner with American servicemen and women.
Huntsman has long supported the Arizona senator's bid for the presidency and recently said that part of McCain's appeal is that "he's been freed from the shackles of the traditional, establishment campaign organization."Huntsman and his wife, Mary Kaye, spent this past weekend helping McCain campaign in New Hampshire.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 22
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18