Matt Rourke, Associated Press
Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. is headed to Iraq today and will spend Thanksgiving there as part of a holiday visit by GOP presidential candidate John McCain.
Sources told the Deseret Morning News that Sen. McCain, R-Ariz., and the Utah governor will be be in Iraq over the holiday. Although no details were immediately available, they may be sharing Thanksgiving dinner with American servicemen and women.
Huntsman has long supported the Arizona senator's bid for the presidency and recently said that part of McCain's appeal is that "he's been freed from the shackles of the traditional, establishment campaign organization."Huntsman and his wife, Mary Kaye, spent this past weekend helping McCain campaign in New Hampshire.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 62
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17