Matt Rourke, Associated Press
Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. is headed to Iraq today and will spend Thanksgiving there as part of a holiday visit by GOP presidential candidate John McCain.
Sources told the Deseret Morning News that Sen. McCain, R-Ariz., and the Utah governor will be be in Iraq over the holiday. Although no details were immediately available, they may be sharing Thanksgiving dinner with American servicemen and women.
Huntsman has long supported the Arizona senator's bid for the presidency and recently said that part of McCain's appeal is that "he's been freed from the shackles of the traditional, establishment campaign organization."Huntsman and his wife, Mary Kaye, spent this past weekend helping McCain campaign in New Hampshire.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21