Matt Rourke, Associated Press
Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. is headed to Iraq today and will spend Thanksgiving there as part of a holiday visit by GOP presidential candidate John McCain.
Sources told the Deseret Morning News that Sen. McCain, R-Ariz., and the Utah governor will be be in Iraq over the holiday. Although no details were immediately available, they may be sharing Thanksgiving dinner with American servicemen and women.
Huntsman has long supported the Arizona senator's bid for the presidency and recently said that part of McCain's appeal is that "he's been freed from the shackles of the traditional, establishment campaign organization."Huntsman and his wife, Mary Kaye, spent this past weekend helping McCain campaign in New Hampshire.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13