Matt Rourke, Associated Press
Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. is headed to Iraq today and will spend Thanksgiving there as part of a holiday visit by GOP presidential candidate John McCain.
Sources told the Deseret Morning News that Sen. McCain, R-Ariz., and the Utah governor will be be in Iraq over the holiday. Although no details were immediately available, they may be sharing Thanksgiving dinner with American servicemen and women.
Huntsman has long supported the Arizona senator's bid for the presidency and recently said that part of McCain's appeal is that "he's been freed from the shackles of the traditional, establishment campaign organization."Huntsman and his wife, Mary Kaye, spent this past weekend helping McCain campaign in New Hampshire.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Family frustrated with lack of charges in...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21