The Utah Transit Authority held a meeting Thursday with local businesses near The Gateway mall to announce the nearing completion of a one-mile extension of TRAX to the Salt Lake City Intermodal Hub at 600 West between 200 South and 300 South.
Paul Edwards, manager of construction over the rail-extension project, said workers had finished most major utility relocations within the rail line's path, and motorists should experience fewer delays when driving through the area near The Gateway.
The hub extension is expected to be finished by mid-April, in time for the opening of commuter rail from Salt Lake City to Pleasant View in Weber County.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 68
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 47
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13