1898 Col. Charles Edwin Loose donates land for a playground at Provo's new Maeser School.
1910 Loose donates more land, on condition it remain a playground or revert to his heirs.
1957 Parking lot, gym and cafeteria built on portion of the playground.
2002 Maeser Elementary School closed.
2004 Provo Housing Authority buys school and land for $750,000.
2005 Authority begins $5.2 million project to rebuild school as senior housing.
2006 Loose's handwritten deeds surface, clouding ownership of land.
2007 Loose heirs settle, clearing renovation project.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt Lake...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26