1898 Col. Charles Edwin Loose donates land for a playground at Provo's new Maeser School.
1910 Loose donates more land, on condition it remain a playground or revert to his heirs.
1957 Parking lot, gym and cafeteria built on portion of the playground.
2002 Maeser Elementary School closed.
2004 Provo Housing Authority buys school and land for $750,000.
2005 Authority begins $5.2 million project to rebuild school as senior housing.
2006 Loose's handwritten deeds surface, clouding ownership of land.
2007 Loose heirs settle, clearing renovation project.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Thousands attend second Utah Lantern Fest
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 90
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 47
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 34
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28
- Gov. Gary Herbert's 'big change' over... 22