1898 Col. Charles Edwin Loose donates land for a playground at Provo's new Maeser School.
1910 Loose donates more land, on condition it remain a playground or revert to his heirs.
1957 Parking lot, gym and cafeteria built on portion of the playground.
2002 Maeser Elementary School closed.
2004 Provo Housing Authority buys school and land for $750,000.
2005 Authority begins $5.2 million project to rebuild school as senior housing.
2006 Loose's handwritten deeds surface, clouding ownership of land.
2007 Loose heirs settle, clearing renovation project.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Discovery Gateway opens new health-focused...
- 8 injured in 3-car West Haven crash
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 29
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11