MOAB Two people were unhurt after a small plane crashed in the Book Cliffs on Wednesday.
Grand County sheriff's deputies said Jim Jennings, 38, of Cleveland, Emery County, had hired 25-year-old Spencer Loveless to fly him over the Book Cliffs while he scouted for elk.
While trying to climb out of a canyon in the Santio Knolls area, deputies said, Loveless experienced some trouble. Unable to clear the ridge line, deputies said he banked the Cessna airplane, which flew into the canyon and dropped 200 feet. The plane hit the ground and flipped on its top.
Both men were able to walk away from the crash. A Utah Highway Patrol helicopter was able to locate the men and take them both to safety.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 120
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 25
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12