Daniel Deane, who was released from the Utah basketball team in the spring, will be transferring to Oregon State, according to a report in the Corvallis Gazette-Times.
The 6-foot-9 forward was named Mr. Basketball by the Deseret Morning News in 2006 after leading Judge Memorial to the state 3A basketball championship.
As a freshman last year, he averaged 3.9 points and 2.7 rebounds in 12.9 minutes while starting four games. After coach Jim Boylen became the Ute coach, Deane didn't make the necessary academic progress needed to stay on the team and was released in May.
The Gazette-Times also reported that Oregon State is losing 6-6 swingman Jack McGillis, who would have been a junior, to a transfer.
OSU coach Jay John confirmed the McGillis transfer but isn't allowed to comment on Deane until he enrolls in school.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20