July 31, 1920 Born in Delta to George A. Faust and Amy Finlinson Faust
1937 Graduated from Granite High School
1937-39 and 1945-48 Attended University of Utah, receiving bachelor's of arts and juris doctorate degrees
1939-1942 Served a mission to Brazil
April 21, 1943 Married Ruth Wright in the Salt Lake Temple
1942-1945 Served in the Air Corps, discharged as a first lieutenant
Dec. 14, 1947 Sustained as a high councilor in the Big Cottonwood Stake
Jan. 16, 1949 Sustained as first counselor in the Cottonwood Ward bishopric
1949-51 Served in the Utah House of Representatives
May 8, 1949 Sustained as bishop of the Big Cottonwood Ward
May 29, 1955 Sustained as second counselor in the Cottonwood Stake presidency
March 18, 1956 Sustained as Cottonwood Stake president
May 31, 1962 Elected president of the Utah State Bar
Dec. 14, 1968 Called as a regional representative
January 1970 Appointed to the Deseret News board of directors
Oct. 6, 1972 Sustained as an assistant to the Twelve Apostles of the LDS Church
November 1972 Named managing director of Melchizedek Priesthood MIA
April 20, 1975 Inducted into the Granite High School Hall of Fame
Oct. 1, 1976 Sustained to the presidency of the First Quorum of the Seventy
September 1978 Named to head Utah's Friendship Force travel program
Sept. 30, 1978 Sustained to the Quorum of the Twelve
>March 12, 1995 Set apart as second counselor to LDS Church President Gordon B. Hinckley
>June 29, 1995 Honored by the Utah State Bar with the Distinguished Lawyer Emeritus Award.
March 2, 1996 Received a medal from Utah Arts Council for contributions to community service
June 26, 1996 Received the Minuteman Award from the Utah National Guard
Aug. 14, 1997 Received an honorary doctorate in Christian service from Brigham Young University
April 27, 1998 Became an honorary citizen of Sao Paulo, Brazil, in a City Hall ceremony
May 10, 2002 Spoke at the University of Utah commencement and received an honorary degree
Feb. 28, 2003 Became the first recipient of the Distinguished Service Award from the J. Reuben Clark Law Society
March 16, 2004 Received a humanitarian award from the Utah Region of the National Conference of Christians and Jews
March 22, 2006 Received the 2006 Distinguished Utahn of the Year honor from the BYU Management Society
Sept. 21, 2006 Received the Utah State Bar's Lifetime Service to the Bar Award
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Fear of pending apocalypse led to...
- Man accused in BYU gropings accepts diversion...
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- Bill would increase incentives for early high...
- Business community supports tax increases for...
- Marc Jenson claims he advised investors early...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 186
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 36
- LDS statement could move Utah... 29
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 26
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 24
- Business community supports tax... 21