Sister LeAnn Clement Neuenschwander, the wife of Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander of the First Quorum of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, died Friday after a 10-month battle with cancer.
Sister Neuenschwander, 66, was described by her husband as a woman with a quick wit, incredible common sense and gentle nature. "LeAnn, wherever she was, made the world a better place that never aggrandized herself but always lifted others around her," Elder Neuenschwander said.
Sister Neuenschwander was born in Payson to George Leland and Catherine Mendenhall Clement. She graduated from Weber High School and received a degree in cosmetology at Weber College.
Elder and Sister Neuenschwander were married in the LDS Salt Lake Temple in 1963 and had four sons and 11 grandchildren. Elder Neuenschwander described her as a "good mother for boys," because she was "no-nonsense" and tough but always had a sense of humor and supported her sons as they played sports or did other activities.
Sister Neuenschwander was a homemaker and served in numerous callings with her husband within the LDS Church, including work in Eastern Europe. While there, she taught LDS sisters about Auxiliary organizations of the church such as Relief Society and Sunday School.
Her husband described her as the kind of teacher who could connect with others on a personal level. "I so appreciated her gentle nature, how she related to them," Elder Neuenschwander said, adding that she was the kind of person who would lift others and quietly encourage.
"I don't think anyone really knows, nor could I even begin to explain the thousands of quiet things she did for people, never wanting any credit or recognition," he said.
A public viewing for Sister Neuenschwander will be on Monday from 6 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. at Russon Brothers Mortuary in Bountiful, 295 N. Main. Funeral services will be on Tuesday at 11 a.m. at the Stone Creek Ward Chapel, 1475 N. 300 West, Bountiful. A viewing will be held prior to services from 9:30 until 10:30 a.m.
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Living — or dying — with...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 268
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 98
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 87
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 70
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 62
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35