LOA, UT--Cora Oyler Smith, age 90, died February 10, 1999 in Richfield.
She was born May 10, 1908 in Loa, Utah, a daughter of Michael Valentine and Elvera Ernstsen Oyler. She married Merlin Smith, Sept. 30, 1927 in Salt Lake City; he died Nov. 18, 1962.When the Park Service seized control of Capitol Reef National Monument, they forced out the residents of Fruita, Utah. Cora was one of the last four surviving residents who was forced to leave. She moved to Loa and made her home there. Cora has resided in Richfield during the winter months for the past 15 years. She worked at Pacific Trails Sewing Plant in Richfield for many years. She was an award winning fruit grower.
Cora is survived by her her children: Ed Smith of Helper; LaVon Herring of Richfield and Medelyn Peterson of Price; five grandchildren: Sue Ann Heino, Michael Merin Smith, Corey Lewis Smith, Corinna Lynn Smith, and Kenney Lee Christensen; seven great-grandchildren; half-brother: Guy Chesnut of Springville, UT; and her life-long best friend, Billie Bullard Chidester of Richfield. Cora was preceded in death by two sisters, Carrie Oyler and Clara Oyler.
Funeral services will be held Monday, Feb., 15, 1999 at 1 p.m. in the Loa LDS Stake Tabernacle. Friends may call for viewing at the Springer Turner Funeral Home in Richfield, Sunday evening from 6-8 p.m. and at the Tabernacle in Loa, Monday morning from 11 to 12:30 prior to the services. Burial will be in the Loa Cemetery.
T 2/13N 2/13
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Honeyville man, 39, identified as avalanche...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- National, local businesses file briefs... 54
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 27
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20