LOA, UT--Cora Oyler Smith, age 90, died February 10, 1999 in Richfield.
She was born May 10, 1908 in Loa, Utah, a daughter of Michael Valentine and Elvera Ernstsen Oyler. She married Merlin Smith, Sept. 30, 1927 in Salt Lake City; he died Nov. 18, 1962.When the Park Service seized control of Capitol Reef National Monument, they forced out the residents of Fruita, Utah. Cora was one of the last four surviving residents who was forced to leave. She moved to Loa and made her home there. Cora has resided in Richfield during the winter months for the past 15 years. She worked at Pacific Trails Sewing Plant in Richfield for many years. She was an award winning fruit grower.
Cora is survived by her her children: Ed Smith of Helper; LaVon Herring of Richfield and Medelyn Peterson of Price; five grandchildren: Sue Ann Heino, Michael Merin Smith, Corey Lewis Smith, Corinna Lynn Smith, and Kenney Lee Christensen; seven great-grandchildren; half-brother: Guy Chesnut of Springville, UT; and her life-long best friend, Billie Bullard Chidester of Richfield. Cora was preceded in death by two sisters, Carrie Oyler and Clara Oyler.
Funeral services will be held Monday, Feb., 15, 1999 at 1 p.m. in the Loa LDS Stake Tabernacle. Friends may call for viewing at the Springer Turner Funeral Home in Richfield, Sunday evening from 6-8 p.m. and at the Tabernacle in Loa, Monday morning from 11 to 12:30 prior to the services. Burial will be in the Loa Cemetery.
T 2/13N 2/13
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11