On Paris Hilton: "She's the nonstory that keeps on being a nonstory."
On Anna Nicole Smith:"She will be the subject of dissertations for years to come. She helped us to define celebrity."
On Katie Couric's debut:The first broadcast will be "some of the most scrutinized frame-by-frame video images since the Zapruder film."
On retro home fashion:"In many ways, interior design styles are like wine. You can't push the vintage. If they ferment long enough, they ferment into something classy and timeless."
On the Super Bowl: It's "the most successful created national holiday since Abraham Lincoln established Thanksgiving."
On the word "cool":"Cool is certainly a charter member for the slang hall of fame. Cool just sits back and keeps getting used generation after generation and lets the whole history of the language roll off its back."
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- The Clean Cut: 99-year-old woman sews nearly...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Why 'The Giver' is more relevant than...
- Father of 4 Roger Federer gives...
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- Would you rather get married earlier, or stay...
- No ring, no problem for these 10 guys
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Excerpt from 'The... 33
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS... 27
- How to eat on just $4 a day 16
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common... 14
- Here's what you can do to protect your... 14
- Hey moms: Your neighbor's religion... 10
- Pediatricians' Rx for schools: Later... 5