The 2007 Shop Hop invites quilters to "Take a Trip Around the World." Each of the 15 participating stores will feature a quilt themed around foreign countries and exotic U.S. locations.
The event is Wednesday-Saturday and features 15 independent quilt stores stretching from Providence to Springville. Hours are 9 a.m.-8 p.m. daily, and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday.
Shoppers who complete the tour and get a stamp on a passport from each store will be entered in a drawing to win one of two PFAFF Quilter's edition sewing machines, a $300 shopping spree, a $200 shopping spree or a Handiquilter frame. Each shop will also be offering games, quilt blocks, prizes and give-aways of its own (www.utahshophop.com for rules and directions.)
Participating shops and their countries are: Corn Wagon Quilt, Co., Hawaii; Elaine's Quilt Block, China; Gardiner's Sew & Quilt, Italy; Mormon Handicraft, Ireland; Pine Needles, Hollywood; Piper's Quilts, Japan; Quilt, Etc., Mexico; Quilter's Haven, France; Red Rooster Quilts, Salem, Mass.; Sew Sweet, Russia; The Stitching Corner, Switzerland; Thimbles & Threads, Spain; Threads of Time, New York City; Village Dry Goods, North Pole; Whimsy Cottage, Caribbean.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- 3 South Jordan siblings battling rare disease...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose marriage,...
- If Pinterest makes you feel like a failure as...
- Experts debate whether marriage is needed for...
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 28
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 16
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5