The 2007 Shop Hop invites quilters to "Take a Trip Around the World." Each of the 15 participating stores will feature a quilt themed around foreign countries and exotic U.S. locations.
The event is Wednesday-Saturday and features 15 independent quilt stores stretching from Providence to Springville. Hours are 9 a.m.-8 p.m. daily, and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday.
Shoppers who complete the tour and get a stamp on a passport from each store will be entered in a drawing to win one of two PFAFF Quilter's edition sewing machines, a $300 shopping spree, a $200 shopping spree or a Handiquilter frame. Each shop will also be offering games, quilt blocks, prizes and give-aways of its own (www.utahshophop.com for rules and directions.)
Participating shops and their countries are: Corn Wagon Quilt, Co., Hawaii; Elaine's Quilt Block, China; Gardiner's Sew & Quilt, Italy; Mormon Handicraft, Ireland; Pine Needles, Hollywood; Piper's Quilts, Japan; Quilt, Etc., Mexico; Quilter's Haven, France; Red Rooster Quilts, Salem, Mass.; Sew Sweet, Russia; The Stitching Corner, Switzerland; Thimbles & Threads, Spain; Threads of Time, New York City; Village Dry Goods, North Pole; Whimsy Cottage, Caribbean.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- No, you shouldn't feel bad about taking a nap
- Face time vs. screen time: The technological...
- Road Home to use Midvale shelter one more...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- It's about time the government... 12
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Social problems... 7
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy... 5
- Parenting advice that changed my life 4