The 2007 Shop Hop invites quilters to "Take a Trip Around the World." Each of the 15 participating stores will feature a quilt themed around foreign countries and exotic U.S. locations.
The event is Wednesday-Saturday and features 15 independent quilt stores stretching from Providence to Springville. Hours are 9 a.m.-8 p.m. daily, and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday.
Shoppers who complete the tour and get a stamp on a passport from each store will be entered in a drawing to win one of two PFAFF Quilter's edition sewing machines, a $300 shopping spree, a $200 shopping spree or a Handiquilter frame. Each shop will also be offering games, quilt blocks, prizes and give-aways of its own (www.utahshophop.com for rules and directions.)
Participating shops and their countries are: Corn Wagon Quilt, Co., Hawaii; Elaine's Quilt Block, China; Gardiner's Sew & Quilt, Italy; Mormon Handicraft, Ireland; Pine Needles, Hollywood; Piper's Quilts, Japan; Quilt, Etc., Mexico; Quilter's Haven, France; Red Rooster Quilts, Salem, Mass.; Sew Sweet, Russia; The Stitching Corner, Switzerland; Thimbles & Threads, Spain; Threads of Time, New York City; Village Dry Goods, North Pole; Whimsy Cottage, Caribbean.
- The Clean Cut: Dude Perfect takes on 11 world...
- The Clean Cut: 10-year-old girl performs on...
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- The generation that didn't rush to get...
- Status update: Look at my kid
- The best of summer books for the whole family
- 'All bodies matter': How body-shaming makes...
- The generation that didn't rush to get... 10
- Hruska's Kolaches: BYU alumni introduce... 9
- ... 5
- Why discussions about sex should begin... 3
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: How Alex... 2
- Movie review: Overstuffed 'X-Men:... 2
- Study: It is harmless to let babies cry... 2
- South Jordan mother spends days caring... 1