The 2007 Shop Hop invites quilters to "Take a Trip Around the World." Each of the 15 participating stores will feature a quilt themed around foreign countries and exotic U.S. locations.
The event is Wednesday-Saturday and features 15 independent quilt stores stretching from Providence to Springville. Hours are 9 a.m.-8 p.m. daily, and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday.
Shoppers who complete the tour and get a stamp on a passport from each store will be entered in a drawing to win one of two PFAFF Quilter's edition sewing machines, a $300 shopping spree, a $200 shopping spree or a Handiquilter frame. Each shop will also be offering games, quilt blocks, prizes and give-aways of its own (www.utahshophop.com for rules and directions.)
Participating shops and their countries are: Corn Wagon Quilt, Co., Hawaii; Elaine's Quilt Block, China; Gardiner's Sew & Quilt, Italy; Mormon Handicraft, Ireland; Pine Needles, Hollywood; Piper's Quilts, Japan; Quilt, Etc., Mexico; Quilter's Haven, France; Red Rooster Quilts, Salem, Mass.; Sew Sweet, Russia; The Stitching Corner, Switzerland; Thimbles & Threads, Spain; Threads of Time, New York City; Village Dry Goods, North Pole; Whimsy Cottage, Caribbean.
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- Living with Children: Late nights, not school...
- Staying faithful: How the Internet changed...
- Steve Eaton: Hobo tarantulas should get back...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Living with Children: Late nights, not... 4
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 3
- 5 parenting lessons from movies 3
- Staying faithful: How the Internet... 3
- Face time vs. screen time: The... 2
- BYU announces Mitt Romney, Disney... 2