The 2007 Shop Hop invites quilters to "Take a Trip Around the World." Each of the 15 participating stores will feature a quilt themed around foreign countries and exotic U.S. locations.
The event is Wednesday-Saturday and features 15 independent quilt stores stretching from Providence to Springville. Hours are 9 a.m.-8 p.m. daily, and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday.
Shoppers who complete the tour and get a stamp on a passport from each store will be entered in a drawing to win one of two PFAFF Quilter's edition sewing machines, a $300 shopping spree, a $200 shopping spree or a Handiquilter frame. Each shop will also be offering games, quilt blocks, prizes and give-aways of its own (www.utahshophop.com for rules and directions.)
Participating shops and their countries are: Corn Wagon Quilt, Co., Hawaii; Elaine's Quilt Block, China; Gardiner's Sew & Quilt, Italy; Mormon Handicraft, Ireland; Pine Needles, Hollywood; Piper's Quilts, Japan; Quilt, Etc., Mexico; Quilter's Haven, France; Red Rooster Quilts, Salem, Mass.; Sew Sweet, Russia; The Stitching Corner, Switzerland; Thimbles & Threads, Spain; Threads of Time, New York City; Village Dry Goods, North Pole; Whimsy Cottage, Caribbean.
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- Here’s a look at Disney’s newest...
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three people...
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling and Lexi Walker...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Motherhood Matters: How running helped me...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Pope asserts marriage is forever at... 4
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three... 2
- The Clean Cut: Bindi Irwin, Crocodile... 1