A 77-year-old man with a habit of sleepwalking awoke in a muddy pond and had to use his cane to fend off alligators.
James Currens wandered behind his home early Monday and woke up in several feet of water, his legs stuck in the mud.He said several alligators, some longer than 3 feet, came around. Currens said he poked at them with his cane to try to keep them away.
A neighbor heard him yelling and called police, who used lights to scare off the gators and freed Currens.
The retired maintenance supervisor suffered only minor cuts on his legs and arms from the fall.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 37
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16