Jay Del Apgood, beloved husband, father, grandfather and brother passed away Thursday, November 12, 1998, at his home in Kaysville, Utah.
Born November 21, 1936, in Idaho Falls, Idaho, son of Leland Young and Sylvia Hannah Hansen Apgood. Married Patricia Andrus in Las Vegas, NV, December 29, 1959. Marriage solemnized in the Ogden LDS Temple. Reared and educated in Idaho Falls, ID; resided in Kaysville for 27 years. He attended Bonneville High School, BYU, and Ricks College. He was a member of the Kaysville Sunset Ward where he served as a Sunday School Teacher, Scout Master, Ward Records Clerk and various other positions. He and Pat enjoyed fishing, camping, and loved spending time with his grandchildren, teaching them to fish, camp and build homes. He enjoyed attending auctions and working on cars. He served his country in the U.S. Army.Jay is survived by his loving wife of 39 years, Patricia, Kaysville; five sons: Gregory J. (Cathy), Williamstown, NJ; Richard (Jennett), Salt Lake City; Jeffrey (Greta), Layton; Brian, Kaysville; Eric (Julie), Layton; two daughters: Linda (Del Ray) Waite and Andrea Pierce, both of Kaysville; and 14 grandchildren. Also surviving are his mother, Sylvia Spencer, Sandy; two brothers and a sister: Deelynn Apgood, Salt Lake City; Wayne Apgood, Holladay; and Beverly Brown, Fallbrook, CA. He was preceded in death by his father; two brothers, Elden and Leon; twin sisters, Zella and Zola; his mother and father-in-law, George and Ann Andrus.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday, November 17, 1998, and 11 a.m. at the Kaysville LDS Tabernacle, 198 W. Center. Friends and family may call Monday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. at Lindquist's Kaysville Mortuary, 400 No. Main, and on Tuesday from 9:30 to 10:40 a.m. at the Tabernacle prior to services. Interment, Kaysville City Cemetery.
T 11/15 N 11/15
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35