Jay Del Apgood, beloved husband, father, grandfather and brother passed away Thursday, November 12, 1998, at his home in Kaysville, Utah.
Born November 21, 1936, in Idaho Falls, Idaho, son of Leland Young and Sylvia Hannah Hansen Apgood. Married Patricia Andrus in Las Vegas, NV, December 29, 1959. Marriage solemnized in the Ogden LDS Temple. Reared and educated in Idaho Falls, ID; resided in Kaysville for 27 years. He attended Bonneville High School, BYU, and Ricks College. He was a member of the Kaysville Sunset Ward where he served as a Sunday School Teacher, Scout Master, Ward Records Clerk and various other positions. He and Pat enjoyed fishing, camping, and loved spending time with his grandchildren, teaching them to fish, camp and build homes. He enjoyed attending auctions and working on cars. He served his country in the U.S. Army.Jay is survived by his loving wife of 39 years, Patricia, Kaysville; five sons: Gregory J. (Cathy), Williamstown, NJ; Richard (Jennett), Salt Lake City; Jeffrey (Greta), Layton; Brian, Kaysville; Eric (Julie), Layton; two daughters: Linda (Del Ray) Waite and Andrea Pierce, both of Kaysville; and 14 grandchildren. Also surviving are his mother, Sylvia Spencer, Sandy; two brothers and a sister: Deelynn Apgood, Salt Lake City; Wayne Apgood, Holladay; and Beverly Brown, Fallbrook, CA. He was preceded in death by his father; two brothers, Elden and Leon; twin sisters, Zella and Zola; his mother and father-in-law, George and Ann Andrus.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday, November 17, 1998, and 11 a.m. at the Kaysville LDS Tabernacle, 198 W. Center. Friends and family may call Monday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. at Lindquist's Kaysville Mortuary, 400 No. Main, and on Tuesday from 9:30 to 10:40 a.m. at the Tabernacle prior to services. Interment, Kaysville City Cemetery.
T 11/15 N 11/15
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22