Jay Del Apgood, beloved husband, father, grandfather and brother passed away Thursday, November 12, 1998, at his home in Kaysville, Utah.
Born November 21, 1936, in Idaho Falls, Idaho, son of Leland Young and Sylvia Hannah Hansen Apgood. Married Patricia Andrus in Las Vegas, NV, December 29, 1959. Marriage solemnized in the Ogden LDS Temple. Reared and educated in Idaho Falls, ID; resided in Kaysville for 27 years. He attended Bonneville High School, BYU, and Ricks College. He was a member of the Kaysville Sunset Ward where he served as a Sunday School Teacher, Scout Master, Ward Records Clerk and various other positions. He and Pat enjoyed fishing, camping, and loved spending time with his grandchildren, teaching them to fish, camp and build homes. He enjoyed attending auctions and working on cars. He served his country in the U.S. Army.Jay is survived by his loving wife of 39 years, Patricia, Kaysville; five sons: Gregory J. (Cathy), Williamstown, NJ; Richard (Jennett), Salt Lake City; Jeffrey (Greta), Layton; Brian, Kaysville; Eric (Julie), Layton; two daughters: Linda (Del Ray) Waite and Andrea Pierce, both of Kaysville; and 14 grandchildren. Also surviving are his mother, Sylvia Spencer, Sandy; two brothers and a sister: Deelynn Apgood, Salt Lake City; Wayne Apgood, Holladay; and Beverly Brown, Fallbrook, CA. He was preceded in death by his father; two brothers, Elden and Leon; twin sisters, Zella and Zola; his mother and father-in-law, George and Ann Andrus.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday, November 17, 1998, and 11 a.m. at the Kaysville LDS Tabernacle, 198 W. Center. Friends and family may call Monday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. at Lindquist's Kaysville Mortuary, 400 No. Main, and on Tuesday from 9:30 to 10:40 a.m. at the Tabernacle prior to services. Interment, Kaysville City Cemetery.
T 11/15 N 11/15
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23