Memorial services for veteran Utah newsman Roy Berrett Gibson, 65, will be held Wednesday noon, Oct. 4, 1989, at the Evans and Early Mortuary, 574 E. First South. He died Saturday, Sept. 30, 1989.
Friends may call one hour before the services. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests donations to the Pioneer Theatre Company or the University of Utah Department of Communications.Gibson was a leader in broadcast journalism in both radio and television. He began his career at KDYL and KTVT radio before moving to KCPX-TV, which later became KTVX.
He was a correspondent for Time, Life, Fortune and Money magazines and Time-Life books. He was a professor at the University of Utah.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 14
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11