Memorial services for veteran Utah newsman Roy Berrett Gibson, 65, will be held Wednesday noon, Oct. 4, 1989, at the Evans and Early Mortuary, 574 E. First South. He died Saturday, Sept. 30, 1989.
Friends may call one hour before the services. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests donations to the Pioneer Theatre Company or the University of Utah Department of Communications.Gibson was a leader in broadcast journalism in both radio and television. He began his career at KDYL and KTVT radio before moving to KCPX-TV, which later became KTVX.
He was a correspondent for Time, Life, Fortune and Money magazines and Time-Life books. He was a professor at the University of Utah.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21