When Kay Malone was introduced as keynote speaker during the sixth annual Governor's Initiative on Families Today Family Conference Saturday, Gov. Mike Leavitt noted Malone and her husband, Utah Jazz power forward Karl Malone, have four children.
Kay Malone told conference-goers that the Malone family has two new additions, Karl's children Cheryl and Daryl Ford. They reside in Summerfield, La., Karl Malone's hometown."They're the most loving kids. We're so pleased to have them in our family," she said.
Kay Malone said the "two new kids are loved just as much as the four little kids in our family.
"If you ever see them, they're Karl's kids. They look just like him."
Karl Malone, son Karl Jr. in tow, made a surprise appearance at the conference held at the Salt Palace.
The "Mailman" said his family supports him through good and bad. This summer has been particularly trying given the disappointing loss in the National Basketball Association finals and news accounts about his teenage twins.
"Of course you'd have to be living under a rock not to know what's happened," Malone said.
"I do what I do. I do what I do not just for me, but for my family. My wife understands me. She doesn't always agree with me, but she supports me. My wife means everything to me, contrary to what people think."
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7