When Kay Malone was introduced as keynote speaker during the sixth annual Governor's Initiative on Families Today Family Conference Saturday, Gov. Mike Leavitt noted Malone and her husband, Utah Jazz power forward Karl Malone, have four children.
Kay Malone told conference-goers that the Malone family has two new additions, Karl's children Cheryl and Daryl Ford. They reside in Summerfield, La., Karl Malone's hometown."They're the most loving kids. We're so pleased to have them in our family," she said.
Kay Malone said the "two new kids are loved just as much as the four little kids in our family.
"If you ever see them, they're Karl's kids. They look just like him."
Karl Malone, son Karl Jr. in tow, made a surprise appearance at the conference held at the Salt Palace.
The "Mailman" said his family supports him through good and bad. This summer has been particularly trying given the disappointing loss in the National Basketball Association finals and news accounts about his teenage twins.
"Of course you'd have to be living under a rock not to know what's happened," Malone said.
"I do what I do. I do what I do not just for me, but for my family. My wife understands me. She doesn't always agree with me, but she supports me. My wife means everything to me, contrary to what people think."
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12