When Kay Malone was introduced as keynote speaker during the sixth annual Governor's Initiative on Families Today Family Conference Saturday, Gov. Mike Leavitt noted Malone and her husband, Utah Jazz power forward Karl Malone, have four children.
Kay Malone told conference-goers that the Malone family has two new additions, Karl's children Cheryl and Daryl Ford. They reside in Summerfield, La., Karl Malone's hometown."They're the most loving kids. We're so pleased to have them in our family," she said.
Kay Malone said the "two new kids are loved just as much as the four little kids in our family.
"If you ever see them, they're Karl's kids. They look just like him."
Karl Malone, son Karl Jr. in tow, made a surprise appearance at the conference held at the Salt Palace.
The "Mailman" said his family supports him through good and bad. This summer has been particularly trying given the disappointing loss in the National Basketball Association finals and news accounts about his teenage twins.
"Of course you'd have to be living under a rock not to know what's happened," Malone said.
"I do what I do. I do what I do not just for me, but for my family. My wife understands me. She doesn't always agree with me, but she supports me. My wife means everything to me, contrary to what people think."
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 116
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 24
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12