Fisher shot 1-for-9 from the field in Game 2, and is 2-of-16 in the series. Fellow shooter Mehmet Okur is not much better at 7-for-28 in the two games combined. And do-it-all Andrei Kirilenko has done little with just one block and two steals, all from Game 2.
The Jazz's bench hasn't fared much better, combining for only eight points in Game 2 and making little difference in Game 1.
No wonder Sloan said, "We're going to have to have a tremendous effort out of everybody."
Little wonder, too, his players agree.
"Our team has relied all season, including the postseason, on really good, balanced offensive production," Fisher said. "We've never been a team that has really built ourselves on having success with just two or maybe three guys doing most of the scoring for us."
Striking a balance between getting everyone involved and taking advantage of what little the Spurs allow, however, is no simple task.
"They definitely try to take things away," Williams said. "They don't help much off Memo, they're not helping much off Fish (Fisher) because he hurt (earlier playoff opponents) Golden State and Houston with his outside shooting. They clog up Boozer, and that's why I am getting to the lane pretty easily. They are a smart team."
"We've proven this year when we've got five guys on the court that are all involved in the offense, we're tough to guard," forward Matt Harpring added. "I just don't think we're as good when one or two guys are trying to do it all. But you've got to give San Antonio credit. ... They've scouted us pretty good, and they know exactly what we're gonna do, and they try to take it away from us. That's what they're supposed to do."
And they do it, Sloan would hasten to add, oh-so-well.
"At the end of all situations they've been involved in," the Jazz coach said, "they've been able to make plays and we can't see it coming. That's what smart teams do."
Sloan, dry from exasperation, probably wouldn't mind Utah's point taking a turn churning some dirt."We're not screening well. We're not moving well without the ball," Williams said. "We've got to execute. We've got to go through our offense full speed, not half speed, and look for all options."
- Max Hall talks about his arrest last year and...
- Dick Harmon: LaVell Edwards chimes in on NFL...
- Utah State in the Fiesta Bowl? ESPN's...
- Samuel Benson: Whatever happened to the...
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises BYU...
- The state of Utah's all-time NFL undrafted...
- Morning links: Utah's Devontae Booker a...
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed after...
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises... 91
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed... 52
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September... 47
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal... 43
- Utah State in the Fiesta Bowl? ESPN's... 43
- Max Hall talks about his arrest last... 42
- Doug Robinson: The era (and myth) of... 36
- Dick Harmon: LaVell Edwards chimes in... 24