HOUSTON Andrei Kirilenko's wife says she might have a solution to her husband's problems with coach Jerry Sloan: Get an interpreter.
Masha Kirilenko said Monday night that she believes some of the problems could be related to her husband's imperfect command of English.
"It's frustrating," she said. "His English is not so good.
Sometimes he can't explain himself. Maybe he needs an interpreter."
She claimed Houston's Yao Ming, from China, "has an interpreter all the time" and added "maybe we'll hire one."
Masha went on to say that, "with the coach and Andrei that's certainly a language barrier and it looks like there could be a misunderstanding with both guys."
Asked if she thinks Sloan and his player can work out their differences regarding playing style and time, she said, "Two smart people like that can work it out."
She was motivated to speak on the subject when she saw her husband's red-eyed picture in the newspapers on Monday. "I said, 'This is not happening,'" she said. "I've never seen him like this."
The Jazz resume playoff action Thursday in Salt Lake.
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Danny Berger and Jordan Stone to play at...
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker reportedly...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 50
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 46
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 43
- ESPN report: Jabari Parker rules out... 42
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Should the Jazz intentionally lose to... 23