HOUSTON Andrei Kirilenko's wife says she might have a solution to her husband's problems with coach Jerry Sloan: Get an interpreter.
Masha Kirilenko said Monday night that she believes some of the problems could be related to her husband's imperfect command of English.
"It's frustrating," she said. "His English is not so good.
Sometimes he can't explain himself. Maybe he needs an interpreter."
She claimed Houston's Yao Ming, from China, "has an interpreter all the time" and added "maybe we'll hire one."
Masha went on to say that, "with the coach and Andrei that's certainly a language barrier and it looks like there could be a misunderstanding with both guys."
Asked if she thinks Sloan and his player can work out their differences regarding playing style and time, she said, "Two smart people like that can work it out."
She was motivated to speak on the subject when she saw her husband's red-eyed picture in the newspapers on Monday. "I said, 'This is not happening,'" she said. "I've never seen him like this."
The Jazz resume playoff action Thursday in Salt Lake.
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 87
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8