HOUSTON Andrei Kirilenko's wife says she might have a solution to her husband's problems with coach Jerry Sloan: Get an interpreter.
Masha Kirilenko said Monday night that she believes some of the problems could be related to her husband's imperfect command of English.
"It's frustrating," she said. "His English is not so good.
Sometimes he can't explain himself. Maybe he needs an interpreter."
She claimed Houston's Yao Ming, from China, "has an interpreter all the time" and added "maybe we'll hire one."
Masha went on to say that, "with the coach and Andrei that's certainly a language barrier and it looks like there could be a misunderstanding with both guys."
Asked if she thinks Sloan and his player can work out their differences regarding playing style and time, she said, "Two smart people like that can work it out."
She was motivated to speak on the subject when she saw her husband's red-eyed picture in the newspapers on Monday. "I said, 'This is not happening,'" she said. "I've never seen him like this."
The Jazz resume playoff action Thursday in Salt Lake.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 30
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27