I am sad to report Utah's famous wild Chilean flamingo, Pink Floyd, is missing and is presumed dead. He escaped Tracy Aviary in 1988 and lived on the Great Salt Lake. Every spring he flew north and every autumn he returned. In 2005 he flew north, was seen in Idaho, and has never been seen again.
Pink Floyd was famous. The Internet has many pictures of him. A Nashville music group even wrote a song about him. He was an inspiration of freedom, beauty and wonder.Goodbye, Pink Floyd. We love you and will miss you.
Brian L. Roberts
Salt Lake City
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29