I am sad to report Utah's famous wild Chilean flamingo, Pink Floyd, is missing and is presumed dead. He escaped Tracy Aviary in 1988 and lived on the Great Salt Lake. Every spring he flew north and every autumn he returned. In 2005 he flew north, was seen in Idaho, and has never been seen again.
Pink Floyd was famous. The Internet has many pictures of him. A Nashville music group even wrote a song about him. He was an inspiration of freedom, beauty and wonder.Goodbye, Pink Floyd. We love you and will miss you.
Brian L. Roberts
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32