I am sad to report Utah's famous wild Chilean flamingo, Pink Floyd, is missing and is presumed dead. He escaped Tracy Aviary in 1988 and lived on the Great Salt Lake. Every spring he flew north and every autumn he returned. In 2005 he flew north, was seen in Idaho, and has never been seen again.
Pink Floyd was famous. The Internet has many pictures of him. A Nashville music group even wrote a song about him. He was an inspiration of freedom, beauty and wonder.Goodbye, Pink Floyd. We love you and will miss you.
Brian L. Roberts
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Richard Davis: Why do I serve?
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: Coal and job creation 18