I am sad to report Utah's famous wild Chilean flamingo, Pink Floyd, is missing and is presumed dead. He escaped Tracy Aviary in 1988 and lived on the Great Salt Lake. Every spring he flew north and every autumn he returned. In 2005 he flew north, was seen in Idaho, and has never been seen again.
Pink Floyd was famous. The Internet has many pictures of him. A Nashville music group even wrote a song about him. He was an inspiration of freedom, beauty and wonder.Goodbye, Pink Floyd. We love you and will miss you.
Brian L. Roberts
Salt Lake City
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually can make...
- Dan Liljenquist: Utah Retirement System audit...
- Letter: Put people in control
- National debt not just financial issue...
- In Our Opinion: Hatch-Cardin bill to make...
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar question...
- Letter: Beware of barbecued bugs
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 50
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar... 48
- Letter: Solar surcharge 34
- In our opinion: Study cites excessive... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher evaluations a... 30
- Michael Gerson: Republicans should... 30
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 28
- Letter: Keep it simple 27