I am sad to report Utah's famous wild Chilean flamingo, Pink Floyd, is missing and is presumed dead. He escaped Tracy Aviary in 1988 and lived on the Great Salt Lake. Every spring he flew north and every autumn he returned. In 2005 he flew north, was seen in Idaho, and has never been seen again.
Pink Floyd was famous. The Internet has many pictures of him. A Nashville music group even wrote a song about him. He was an inspiration of freedom, beauty and wonder.Goodbye, Pink Floyd. We love you and will miss you.
Brian L. Roberts
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes from...
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- Letter: Distance from religion
- Letter: Access to health care
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices won’t...
- Letter: Who can we trust?