SOUTH SALT LAKE The day that he went on a shooting rampage inside the Trolley Square mall, 18-year-old Sulejman Talovic worked his regular shift at work.
"He just worked a normal shift for us," said Trent Thorn, the general manager of Aramark Uniform Services.
In an interview with the Deseret Morning News on Wednesday, Thorn said Talovic left work at 5 p.m. Almost 90 minutes later, Tolevic was at the mall and on a killing spree.
The 18-year-old began working at Aramark in December. Thorn said Talovic had been on the job for only eight weeks not enough time for any of his bosses to really get to know him.
"He pretty much stayed to himself," he said.
While on the job at the industrial laundry facility, Talovic would roll up recently cleaned floor-mats.
"He was a production line employee, kind of a general laborer," Thorn said.
Little new information was released by police Wednesday regarding what may have prompted Talovic to go on his shooting rampage.
"There is still no known motive," said Salt Lake City police detective Robin Snyder.
Snyder said nothing had been completely ruled in or out yet as a motive. Addressing concerns from some in the public that Talovic's Muslim beliefs may have played a role, she said there was still no evidence pointing either way as to whether that was the case.
The FBI said it has no reason to believe the shootings were an act of terrorism.Investigators were allowed by Talovic's mother to search their home near the Utah State Fairgrounds without a warrant, Snyder confirmed Wednesday.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Heber boy in custody battle found in Tulsa...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 50
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 49
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 48
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 25