SOUTH SALT LAKE The day that he went on a shooting rampage inside the Trolley Square mall, 18-year-old Sulejman Talovic worked his regular shift at work.
"He just worked a normal shift for us," said Trent Thorn, the general manager of Aramark Uniform Services.
In an interview with the Deseret Morning News on Wednesday, Thorn said Talovic left work at 5 p.m. Almost 90 minutes later, Tolevic was at the mall and on a killing spree.
The 18-year-old began working at Aramark in December. Thorn said Talovic had been on the job for only eight weeks not enough time for any of his bosses to really get to know him.
"He pretty much stayed to himself," he said.
While on the job at the industrial laundry facility, Talovic would roll up recently cleaned floor-mats.
"He was a production line employee, kind of a general laborer," Thorn said.
Little new information was released by police Wednesday regarding what may have prompted Talovic to go on his shooting rampage.
"There is still no known motive," said Salt Lake City police detective Robin Snyder.
Snyder said nothing had been completely ruled in or out yet as a motive. Addressing concerns from some in the public that Talovic's Muslim beliefs may have played a role, she said there was still no evidence pointing either way as to whether that was the case.
The FBI said it has no reason to believe the shootings were an act of terrorism.Investigators were allowed by Talovic's mother to search their home near the Utah State Fairgrounds without a warrant, Snyder confirmed Wednesday.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Tourists rescued after road collapses,...
- Man dies after being shot in the head at Salt...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 33
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Utah to appeal polygamy ruling in... 13