SOUTH SALT LAKE The day that he went on a shooting rampage inside the Trolley Square mall, 18-year-old Sulejman Talovic worked his regular shift at work.
"He just worked a normal shift for us," said Trent Thorn, the general manager of Aramark Uniform Services.
In an interview with the Deseret Morning News on Wednesday, Thorn said Talovic left work at 5 p.m. Almost 90 minutes later, Tolevic was at the mall and on a killing spree.
The 18-year-old began working at Aramark in December. Thorn said Talovic had been on the job for only eight weeks not enough time for any of his bosses to really get to know him.
"He pretty much stayed to himself," he said.
While on the job at the industrial laundry facility, Talovic would roll up recently cleaned floor-mats.
"He was a production line employee, kind of a general laborer," Thorn said.
Little new information was released by police Wednesday regarding what may have prompted Talovic to go on his shooting rampage.
"There is still no known motive," said Salt Lake City police detective Robin Snyder.
Snyder said nothing had been completely ruled in or out yet as a motive. Addressing concerns from some in the public that Talovic's Muslim beliefs may have played a role, she said there was still no evidence pointing either way as to whether that was the case.
The FBI said it has no reason to believe the shootings were an act of terrorism.Investigators were allowed by Talovic's mother to search their home near the Utah State Fairgrounds without a warrant, Snyder confirmed Wednesday.
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Koch brothers group launches campaign against...
- Couple arrested in Louisiana for $114K theft...
- Wind-fueled fire rips through large Draper home
- Body found near Jordan River trail in Salt...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 49
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 47
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 27
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches... 18
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17
- Will raising taxes make better students? 15