Monday's shootings at Trolley Square hit close to home with officials at some of the Salt Lake Valley's other shopping centers.
David Keating, a spokesman for General Growth Properties, said Tuesday that his company's thoughts and prayers were with the victims. And while he declined to talk specifically about General Growth's security plans, he said the shootings are sure to have all developers and mall owners reviewing their policies.
"Our shoppers are very much aware that their safety and well-being as is the case at Trolley Square is always our top priority," Keating said.
"We review our public safety measures quite often, not just when these types of incidents happen. We'll make changes as necessary."
General Growth's portfolio includes Cache Valley Mall in Logan, the Cottonwood Mall in Holladay, Newgate Mall in Ogden, the Provo Towne Center, Red Cliffs Mall in St. George and Fashion Place mall in Murray.
Natalie Watson, senior marketing manager for South Towne Center, echoed Keating's sentiments.
"This is obviously a concern for not only all shopping centers but a concern for our community, and we all need to work together to make sure it does not happen again," Watson said in a prepared statement."The safety of our guests and employees is a top priority. ... For obvious reasons, South Towne Center does not disclose specifics about its security measures. However, we can tell you that we have a thorough security program in place, and we work closely with our local law enforcement agencies to address specific issues related to our customers' safety."
- LDS missionary critically injured in Oklahoma...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Utah County teen made 'swatting' threats...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 41
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 34
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 28
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22