Monday's shootings at Trolley Square hit close to home with officials at some of the Salt Lake Valley's other shopping centers.
David Keating, a spokesman for General Growth Properties, said Tuesday that his company's thoughts and prayers were with the victims. And while he declined to talk specifically about General Growth's security plans, he said the shootings are sure to have all developers and mall owners reviewing their policies.
"Our shoppers are very much aware that their safety and well-being as is the case at Trolley Square is always our top priority," Keating said.
"We review our public safety measures quite often, not just when these types of incidents happen. We'll make changes as necessary."
General Growth's portfolio includes Cache Valley Mall in Logan, the Cottonwood Mall in Holladay, Newgate Mall in Ogden, the Provo Towne Center, Red Cliffs Mall in St. George and Fashion Place mall in Murray.
Natalie Watson, senior marketing manager for South Towne Center, echoed Keating's sentiments.
"This is obviously a concern for not only all shopping centers but a concern for our community, and we all need to work together to make sure it does not happen again," Watson said in a prepared statement."The safety of our guests and employees is a top priority. ... For obvious reasons, South Towne Center does not disclose specifics about its security measures. However, we can tell you that we have a thorough security program in place, and we work closely with our local law enforcement agencies to address specific issues related to our customers' safety."
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8