On behalf of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Elder Merrill J. Bateman issued the following statement regarding the Trolley Square shootings:
"We are deeply saddened at the deaths and suffering caused by this senseless tragedy. Our sympathy and prayers go out to all who have been affected, especially the families and friends of the victims.
"Although it is difficult to explain the conflicts and incongruities of life, we are certain that through the atoning sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ death is not the end and life continues in the hereafter.
"We pray that his spirit will bring comfort, peace and healing to all at this difficult time."
Elder Bateman said the church is also offering grief counseling to those affected by this tragic event through LDS Family Services. The Salt Lake agency of LDSFS can be reached at 801-240-1711
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26