On behalf of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Elder Merrill J. Bateman issued the following statement regarding the Trolley Square shootings:
"We are deeply saddened at the deaths and suffering caused by this senseless tragedy. Our sympathy and prayers go out to all who have been affected, especially the families and friends of the victims.
"Although it is difficult to explain the conflicts and incongruities of life, we are certain that through the atoning sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ death is not the end and life continues in the hereafter.
"We pray that his spirit will bring comfort, peace and healing to all at this difficult time."
Elder Bateman said the church is also offering grief counseling to those affected by this tragic event through LDS Family Services. The Salt Lake agency of LDSFS can be reached at 801-240-1711
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26