On behalf of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Elder Merrill J. Bateman issued the following statement regarding the Trolley Square shootings:
"We are deeply saddened at the deaths and suffering caused by this senseless tragedy. Our sympathy and prayers go out to all who have been affected, especially the families and friends of the victims.
"Although it is difficult to explain the conflicts and incongruities of life, we are certain that through the atoning sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ death is not the end and life continues in the hereafter.
"We pray that his spirit will bring comfort, peace and healing to all at this difficult time."
Elder Bateman said the church is also offering grief counseling to those affected by this tragic event through LDS Family Services. The Salt Lake agency of LDSFS can be reached at 801-240-1711
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Blunt force trauma caused S. Carolina woman's...
- Police: Woman found near Goshen died of...
- Man dies after allegedly ignoring police and...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 85
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9