A public meeting scheduled for this afternoon to discuss the possibility of Real Salt Lake building its stadium at the Utah State Fairpark has been canceled.
The Salt Lake City Council had been scheduled to meet shortly after noon. The agenda included only one item that was open to the public: "The council may discuss the option of soccer in the Fairpark area."
An e-mail notice was sent out this morning saying that item had been removed from the agenda. A closed executive-session item that was on the agenda remains, but council staff said that item is not related to the soccer stadium.
Cindy Gust-Jenson, executive director of the council staff, said the soccer discussion had been placed on the agenda tentatively "in the event there was something the mayor's office wanted to discuss with the council."
She said the mayor's office let council staff know this morning that "they didn't have any new information."By 10:30 a.m., the Deseret Morning News was unable to contact Mayor Rocky Anderson's office for more detail.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 93
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 12