A public meeting scheduled for this afternoon to discuss the possibility of Real Salt Lake building its stadium at the Utah State Fairpark has been canceled.
The Salt Lake City Council had been scheduled to meet shortly after noon. The agenda included only one item that was open to the public: "The council may discuss the option of soccer in the Fairpark area."
An e-mail notice was sent out this morning saying that item had been removed from the agenda. A closed executive-session item that was on the agenda remains, but council staff said that item is not related to the soccer stadium.
Cindy Gust-Jenson, executive director of the council staff, said the soccer discussion had been placed on the agenda tentatively "in the event there was something the mayor's office wanted to discuss with the council."
She said the mayor's office let council staff know this morning that "they didn't have any new information."By 10:30 a.m., the Deseret Morning News was unable to contact Mayor Rocky Anderson's office for more detail.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 22
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18