Our beloved Brigitte passed peacefully from her life in the early morning hours on September 24, 1998 at her home in Salt Lake City.
Brigitte was dearly loved by all who knew her. Brigitte succumbed to brain cancer after a long and courageous battle over a four year period. Brigitte was born February 28, 1970 in Heidelberg, Germany to Wayne and Wilma Dowell and moved to Minnesota in 1973 with her parents. Brigitte attended schools in Minneapolis until 1984 when her family moved to Utah. She graduated as an honor student from Alta High School in Sandy in 1988. Brigitte attended and graduated from Ft. Hays University in Hays, Kansas in 1992 with a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. Brigitte returned to live in Utah in 1992 and began working in retail sales. Brigitte began suffering seizures in December 1994 and was immediately diagnosed with a brain tumor. Over the next four years, Brigitte underwent brain surgery twice, radiation therapy twice and multiple sessions of chemo therapy.Brigitte is survived by her husband, Steve, married June 1, 1996 at the Grace Lutheran Church; her step-son, Adam Baxter; her parents, Wayne and Wilma Dowell; Steve's parents, Bob and Marrdella Jones and Merl and Betty Baxter; her great-grandmother and her grandparents and many other relatives from Germany; her grandparents and numerous relatives in Utah, Minnesota, California, Iowa and Wyoming; and many good and generous neighbors and friends everywhere.
Memorial services will be held Wednesday September 30, 1998 at 11 a.m. at the Grace Lutheran Church, 1815 East 9800 South, Sandy. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in honor of Brigitte be made to the National Brain Tumor Foundation, 785 Market Street, Suite 1600, San Francisco, California 94103. Make checks payable to NBTF/Brigitte Dowell-Baxter Memorial; credit card donations may call 1-(800)-943-CURE (2873).
T 9/27 N 9/21
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Orem construction fire believed to be arson,...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15