Finley Carlyle Pearce, 83, died Sunday, August 30, 1998 in Prescott, Ariz.
He was born August 14, 1915 in Washington, Utah, a son of William Warner and Ida Millie Larson Pearce. He married Orba Moselle Eldredge Sept. 7, 1943 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He had worked as a pressure vessel inspector for the State of California. He lived in Yorba Linda, Calif. for 29 years. Mr. Pearce retired from Shell Chemical after 30 years as a chemical engineer and safety officer.He was an active member of the LDS Church, and served as a bishop, stake president and patriarch. He was also very active and supportive of the Boy Scouts of America.
Mr. Pearce loved serving his family, church, and community. He enjoyed gardening and genealogical research. He was proudest of his family.
He is survived by his wife, Orba of Chino Valley, AZ; four sons and their wives, Bill and Carla of Ontario, Calif.; David and Lynnette of Niceville, Fla.; Richard and Lorna of Anaheim, Calif.; and Ronald and Mary Lou of Littleton, Colo.; two daughters and their husbands, Mary Lynn and Edward Jones of Sandy, Utah; and Michele and Chris Sexton of Chino Valley, CA; 39 grandchildren and 20 great grandchildren; two brothers and their wives, Wm. Max and Karola Pearce of Orinda, Calif.; and Ray and Edna Pearce of Forestville, Calif.; and two sisters, Lydia Cox of Sacramento, Calif.; and Theresa Rather of Las Vegas, Nev. A son, Gerald, and a grandson, Dale preceded him in death.
Funeral services will be Saturday, Sept. 5 at 10 a.m. at the Eastridge 5th LDS Ward Chapel in Draper. Burial will be in Mountain View Memorial Park. Local Funeral directors, Memorial Estates Mortuary.
T 9/4 N 9/4
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 26
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14