Four out of five college and university presidents consider alcohol a problem on their campuses, and many have become increasingly aggressive about banning alcohol from campus or dorms and educating students.
84 percent target alcohol education to freshmen
81 percent ban alcohol in some dorms or dorm floors
80 percent ban alcohol at athletic events
61 percent have a task force for substance abuse issues
53 percent ban alcohol at tailgate events
49 percent conduct social norms campaign 34 percent ban alcohol on campus
Source: Journal of American College Health, March 2004
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 32
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17