Four out of five college and university presidents consider alcohol a problem on their campuses, and many have become increasingly aggressive about banning alcohol from campus or dorms and educating students.
84 percent target alcohol education to freshmen
81 percent ban alcohol in some dorms or dorm floors
80 percent ban alcohol at athletic events
61 percent have a task force for substance abuse issues
53 percent ban alcohol at tailgate events
49 percent conduct social norms campaign 34 percent ban alcohol on campus
Source: Journal of American College Health, March 2004
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 37
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 21
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14