Four out of five college and university presidents consider alcohol a problem on their campuses, and many have become increasingly aggressive about banning alcohol from campus or dorms and educating students.
84 percent target alcohol education to freshmen
81 percent ban alcohol in some dorms or dorm floors
80 percent ban alcohol at athletic events
61 percent have a task force for substance abuse issues
53 percent ban alcohol at tailgate events
49 percent conduct social norms campaign 34 percent ban alcohol on campus
Source: Journal of American College Health, March 2004
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 160
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17