The Board of Trustees of the Utah Transit Authority has approved a $238.9 million budget for UTA for 2007.
The budget, approved Wednesday, includes money to purchase 21 new vans for UTA's vanpool program. It also presumes that UTA will receive some funding from the quarter-cent sales-tax hike levied by Salt Lake County voters this November to build TRAX lines.
Also Wednesday, the board authorized renaming of the Delta Center TRAX station. It will now be called the "Arena" station.
"We wanted something that would be descriptive to the passenger so that they would know where they were at in the system, but that would not change any time soon," said spokesman Justin Jones.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 108
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 96
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 43
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17