The Board of Trustees of the Utah Transit Authority has approved a $238.9 million budget for UTA for 2007.
The budget, approved Wednesday, includes money to purchase 21 new vans for UTA's vanpool program. It also presumes that UTA will receive some funding from the quarter-cent sales-tax hike levied by Salt Lake County voters this November to build TRAX lines.
Also Wednesday, the board authorized renaming of the Delta Center TRAX station. It will now be called the "Arena" station.
"We wanted something that would be descriptive to the passenger so that they would know where they were at in the system, but that would not change any time soon," said spokesman Justin Jones.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Top House Democrat not seeking re-election
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 49
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 26
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 22