The Board of Trustees of the Utah Transit Authority has approved a $238.9 million budget for UTA for 2007.
The budget, approved Wednesday, includes money to purchase 21 new vans for UTA's vanpool program. It also presumes that UTA will receive some funding from the quarter-cent sales-tax hike levied by Salt Lake County voters this November to build TRAX lines.
Also Wednesday, the board authorized renaming of the Delta Center TRAX station. It will now be called the "Arena" station.
"We wanted something that would be descriptive to the passenger so that they would know where they were at in the system, but that would not change any time soon," said spokesman Justin Jones.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8