Title: "The Willow Field"
Author: William Kittredge
Pages: 339 pages
Although he is an established Western writer, this is Kittredge's first novel, the life story of the rebellious Rossie Benasco. In his late teens, Rossie runs 200 horses to Calgary, then falls in love with the beautiful daughter of a Scottish businessman, becomes a successful farmer, raises a family, even runs for governor of Montana. Kittredge, a teacher of fiction, takes his rightful literary seat next to Wallace Stegner in this memorable, beautifully written epic.
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- 11 movies to watch out for this fall
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- The changing definition of 'TV': What parents...
- When it comes to TV's future, Millennials...
- Miss America: More to worry about than red cup
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite abuse charge