Title: "The Willow Field"
Author: William Kittredge
Pages: 339 pages
Although he is an established Western writer, this is Kittredge's first novel, the life story of the rebellious Rossie Benasco. In his late teens, Rossie runs 200 horses to Calgary, then falls in love with the beautiful daughter of a Scottish businessman, becomes a successful farmer, raises a family, even runs for governor of Montana. Kittredge, a teacher of fiction, takes his rightful literary seat next to Wallace Stegner in this memorable, beautifully written epic.
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Julie Andrews missed NBC's live 'Sound of Music'
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Ballet West's 'Nutcracker' a splendid success
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 17
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 13
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 12
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9
- Toddler basketball star,... 5
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: What if negative... 4
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition... 2