Regarding the Foley scandal, Linda Nelson said if Republicans had pointed out a connection between "gay," "pedophile" and "predator," they would have been labeled "homophobes." Yes, they would have. Not that it has ever bothered the Republicans to be called homophobes. However, let's not forget that statistics prove 98 percent of male pedophiles are heterosexual, not gay. As a gay man, I'm very tired of our community getting blamed for a tragic problem which largely has its source in the straight community.
Salt Lake City
What You May Have Missed
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Voting like a liberal
- Letter: Proper priority
- My view: Use of force debate should recognize...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 65
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23