Regarding the Foley scandal, Linda Nelson said if Republicans had pointed out a connection between "gay," "pedophile" and "predator," they would have been labeled "homophobes." Yes, they would have. Not that it has ever bothered the Republicans to be called homophobes. However, let's not forget that statistics prove 98 percent of male pedophiles are heterosexual, not gay. As a gay man, I'm very tired of our community getting blamed for a tragic problem which largely has its source in the straight community.
Salt Lake City
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18