Regarding the Foley scandal, Linda Nelson said if Republicans had pointed out a connection between "gay," "pedophile" and "predator," they would have been labeled "homophobes." Yes, they would have. Not that it has ever bothered the Republicans to be called homophobes. However, let's not forget that statistics prove 98 percent of male pedophiles are heterosexual, not gay. As a gay man, I'm very tired of our community getting blamed for a tragic problem which largely has its source in the straight community.
Salt Lake City
What You May Have Missed
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Our great nation?
- Letter: Attention diverted
- Americans are changing their tune on foreign...
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 33
- Letter: Society puzzles 32