Regarding the Foley scandal, Linda Nelson said if Republicans had pointed out a connection between "gay," "pedophile" and "predator," they would have been labeled "homophobes." Yes, they would have. Not that it has ever bothered the Republicans to be called homophobes. However, let's not forget that statistics prove 98 percent of male pedophiles are heterosexual, not gay. As a gay man, I'm very tired of our community getting blamed for a tragic problem which largely has its source in the straight community.
Salt Lake City
What You May Have Missed
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation against...
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a nation but...
- Doug Robinson: Midvale Mayor JoAnn Seghini...
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in...
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief, reforms...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How do...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Trans-Pacific...
- Letter: Change the future
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation... 56
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in... 44
- In our opinion: Greece's fiscal... 31
- Letter: Overturned cases 30
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief,... 24
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a... 24
- Letter: No humane way to kill 21
- Dan Liljenquist: No vetting, no... 20