Regarding the Foley scandal, Linda Nelson said if Republicans had pointed out a connection between "gay," "pedophile" and "predator," they would have been labeled "homophobes." Yes, they would have. Not that it has ever bothered the Republicans to be called homophobes. However, let's not forget that statistics prove 98 percent of male pedophiles are heterosexual, not gay. As a gay man, I'm very tired of our community getting blamed for a tragic problem which largely has its source in the straight community.
Salt Lake City
What You May Have Missed
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30