Regarding the Foley scandal, Linda Nelson said if Republicans had pointed out a connection between "gay," "pedophile" and "predator," they would have been labeled "homophobes." Yes, they would have. Not that it has ever bothered the Republicans to be called homophobes. However, let's not forget that statistics prove 98 percent of male pedophiles are heterosexual, not gay. As a gay man, I'm very tired of our community getting blamed for a tragic problem which largely has its source in the straight community.
Salt Lake City
What You May Have Missed
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 63
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 49
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- The complicated political views of... 33
- My view: A global warming solution to... 29