Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld is scheduled to visit two Utah charities today to recognize their humanitarian work in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Rumsfeld will tour the Globus Relief warehouse, 177 W. 1500 South, and meet volunteers from Operation Give, including Amy Galvez, whose son, Cpl. Adam Galvez, was killed Aug. 20 in Iraq.
Globus Relief is a local humanitarian aid organization. For the last year it has been providing warehouse space and logistical support to Operation Give, which donates educational, medical and hygiene supplies and toys and clothing to Iraqis.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 85
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16