Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld is scheduled to visit two Utah charities today to recognize their humanitarian work in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Rumsfeld will tour the Globus Relief warehouse, 177 W. 1500 South, and meet volunteers from Operation Give, including Amy Galvez, whose son, Cpl. Adam Galvez, was killed Aug. 20 in Iraq.
Globus Relief is a local humanitarian aid organization. For the last year it has been providing warehouse space and logistical support to Operation Give, which donates educational, medical and hygiene supplies and toys and clothing to Iraqis.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11