Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld is scheduled to visit two Utah charities today to recognize their humanitarian work in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Rumsfeld will tour the Globus Relief warehouse, 177 W. 1500 South, and meet volunteers from Operation Give, including Amy Galvez, whose son, Cpl. Adam Galvez, was killed Aug. 20 in Iraq.
Globus Relief is a local humanitarian aid organization. For the last year it has been providing warehouse space and logistical support to Operation Give, which donates educational, medical and hygiene supplies and toys and clothing to Iraqis.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Study: Fathers as likely as mothers to kill...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 98
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 14
- Southern Utah left wanting for water 11