Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld is scheduled to visit two Utah charities today to recognize their humanitarian work in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Rumsfeld will tour the Globus Relief warehouse, 177 W. 1500 South, and meet volunteers from Operation Give, including Amy Galvez, whose son, Cpl. Adam Galvez, was killed Aug. 20 in Iraq.
Globus Relief is a local humanitarian aid organization. For the last year it has been providing warehouse space and logistical support to Operation Give, which donates educational, medical and hygiene supplies and toys and clothing to Iraqis.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8