The tail of the apatosaurus has 82 interlocking vertebrae bones. This dinosaur may have weighed as much as 33 tons.
Maiasaura is known as the "good mother reptile." Females nested in groups. Their nests were 7-10 feet wide.
Dryosaurus is a plant-eating dinosaur that is considered the gazelle of its time. At 10 feet in length, it could move rapidly.
The Utahraptor may have been the deadliest dinosaur. It was a swift-running raptor with a huge claw on the middle toe of each foot.
Ankylosaurus had a body covered with bony, oval plates set into thick, leathery skin. Rows of spikes covered the body and tail, acting like armor. Its tail could have been used as a club.
Ceratosaurus had a fearsome appearance with a blade-like horn on its snout. This may have been used in head-butting battles with other males to win leadership of a group.
Elasmosaurus lived in the sea and probably paddled along near the surface of the water. It was about 46 feet long, but more than half of its body length was a snakelike neck that could whip into the water to snap up fish.
Source: Ogden's George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park; "Simon & Schuster Children's Guide to Dinosaurs and Other Prehistoric Animals," by Philip Whitfield.
- Family walks from Disneyland to Disney World...
- BYU's Vocal Point releases new video with The...
- The Clean Cut: 'Kid History' stars create...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: For Mother's Day,...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- 18 TV mothers you wish were your own
- Britain's new princess can't expect...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson... 6
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price... 6
- Parents, do your kids trust the... 5
- Britain's new princess can't expect... 4
- BYU's Vocal Point releases new video... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: For Mother's Day,... 3
- The little-known benefit to cleaning... 2
- One thing parents are more worried... 2