The tail of the apatosaurus has 82 interlocking vertebrae bones. This dinosaur may have weighed as much as 33 tons.
Maiasaura is known as the "good mother reptile." Females nested in groups. Their nests were 7-10 feet wide.
Dryosaurus is a plant-eating dinosaur that is considered the gazelle of its time. At 10 feet in length, it could move rapidly.
The Utahraptor may have been the deadliest dinosaur. It was a swift-running raptor with a huge claw on the middle toe of each foot.
Ankylosaurus had a body covered with bony, oval plates set into thick, leathery skin. Rows of spikes covered the body and tail, acting like armor. Its tail could have been used as a club.
Ceratosaurus had a fearsome appearance with a blade-like horn on its snout. This may have been used in head-butting battles with other males to win leadership of a group.
Elasmosaurus lived in the sea and probably paddled along near the surface of the water. It was about 46 feet long, but more than half of its body length was a snakelike neck that could whip into the water to snap up fish.
Source: Ogden's George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park; "Simon & Schuster Children's Guide to Dinosaurs and Other Prehistoric Animals," by Philip Whitfield.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose marriage,...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- If Pinterest makes you feel like a failure as...
- The Clean Cut: Toddler can't help but run to...
- Stuart Edge, Alex Boye, other Utah artists...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 36
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 9
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5