The tail of the apatosaurus has 82 interlocking vertebrae bones. This dinosaur may have weighed as much as 33 tons.
Maiasaura is known as the "good mother reptile." Females nested in groups. Their nests were 7-10 feet wide.
Dryosaurus is a plant-eating dinosaur that is considered the gazelle of its time. At 10 feet in length, it could move rapidly.
The Utahraptor may have been the deadliest dinosaur. It was a swift-running raptor with a huge claw on the middle toe of each foot.
Ankylosaurus had a body covered with bony, oval plates set into thick, leathery skin. Rows of spikes covered the body and tail, acting like armor. Its tail could have been used as a club.
Ceratosaurus had a fearsome appearance with a blade-like horn on its snout. This may have been used in head-butting battles with other males to win leadership of a group.
Elasmosaurus lived in the sea and probably paddled along near the surface of the water. It was about 46 feet long, but more than half of its body length was a snakelike neck that could whip into the water to snap up fish.
Source: Ogden's George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park; "Simon & Schuster Children's Guide to Dinosaurs and Other Prehistoric Animals," by Philip Whitfield.
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- The Clean Cut: Mothers brought to tears in...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice Bucket...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Charlie and the Doll Factory? Penguin's new...
- Sherry Young: The man who delivers flowers,...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 31
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 17
- Provo company creates program that... 16
- How your premarital experiences can... 12
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice... 12
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with... 9