Harold Gronning Wise, age 81, passed away July 22, 1998 at his home in Portland, Oregon, of lymphoma cancer.
He was born October 26, 1916, to Hulda M. Gronning and Roland V. Wise, Sr., in Salt Lake City, Utah. He graduated from the University of Utah in 1936, and married his sweetheart, Donna May Evans on May 27, 1939, in the Salt Lake Temple. She passed away in 1969. His family lived in the East Millcreek Area for many years before moving to Idaho and Oregon. He retired from the Texaco Oil Company as a Sales and Personnel Specialist.He was a High Priest in the L.D.S. Church. He especially enjoyed working with the youth as a Sunday School Teacher and doing temple work at the Portland Temple.
Harold was dearly loved by his family, grandchildren and acquaintances. He will always be remember for his happy smile, upbeat attitude, love of children, and his willingness to help others. He and his brother, Rolly, were life long buddies, and played on many athletic teams together.
He is survived by his four children, Ronald (Marsha), of Tigard, Oregon; Charlyn (Bill) Kristen, of Spokane, Washington; Susan (John) Gundle, of Portland, Oregon; Brent (Debbie), of Beaverton, Oregon; his brother, Roland V. Wise (Gladys), of Salt Lake City; 12 grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his wife, Donna May, his son, Robert Wise, who was killed in 1967, while serving as a helicopter pilot in Vietnam, and his sister, Helen Wise Johnson.
A funeral service will be held on Monday, July 27th at 12 p.m. at the Wasatch Lawn Mortuary, 3401 Highland Drive, Salt Lake City. Friends may call one hour prior to services. Interment will follow at the Wasatch Lawn Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers the family suggests contributions to the American Cancer Society.
N 7/25 T 7/26
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 52
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 8