Tim Allen will be behind the wheel this weekend at the first-ever West Michigan Grand Prix.
Allen, who plays Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor on the popular sitcom "Home Improvement," will drive a Saleen Ford Mustang Sunday in the World Challenge Championship series' Touring 1 division race. He's also expected to take a few practice laps on Friday."There couldn't have been a better time to get the news that Tim Allen is coming," said race spokesman Tim Wondergem.
While more than 33,000 people have purchased tickets for the weekend event, Allen's appearance is expected to boost attendance by as much as 25 percent.
Allen's driving has been in the news for two reasons. He has raced professionally for four years in the World Championship T1 series, and he pleaded guilty in 1997 to drunken driving and checked into a rehabilitation clinic as part of a court-ordered sentence.
Birthdays: For Thursday, July 23
Actress Gloria DeHaven 73
Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy 62
Actor Woody Harrelson 37
Singer Alison Krauss 27
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21