Seth Hagman Young passed away at his home July 8, 1998, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
He was born December 28, 1914, in Salt Lake City to Kirtland Dowden and Amy Hagman Young. He married Lois Oldham on January 16, 1940 in the Salt Lake Temple. He served an LDS Mission to the British Isles, 1936-1938. He served for several years as financial clerk in his Ward. Seth served in the US Army, Private 1st Class, 1945. Seth had a love for the game of tennis. He was the U. of U. Tennis Team "Captain".Many throughout the community will remember Seth for his financial intellect. He served as Bank Commissioner for the State of Utah from 1954-1960. During this time, he established the rules and regulations that today govern banks and lending institutions throughout the State of Utah.
He was well known for his honesty and integrity.
Seth will be remembered as a loving husband, father, grandfather, and friend. Because of his great wisdom, many came to him for counsel and advice. His children will remember his gentle yet powerful influence in their lives. Seth was a loving man, a humble man, and a peacemaker in the home.
Seth is survived by his wife, Lois Oldham Young; and his six children, Roger Alan Young, Judy Ann Halversen, Cathrine Young Mansfield, Betty Young Swenson, Dr. Robert Oldham Young, and Richard Oldham Young; 29 grandchildren; 38 great-grandchildren.
Funeral service will be held Monday, July 13 at 12 noon at the South Cottonwood 4th Ward, 980 E. Revere Circle (5555 So.). Family will receive friends Sunday evening from 6-8 p.m. at Larkin Mortuary, 260 E. South Temple, and Monday prior to the service from 10:45-11:45 a.m. at the Ward. Interment at the Salt Lake City Cemetery.
T 7/10 N 7/12
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10