The strained relationship between Deseret Book and Seagull Book & Tape continued Wednesday, but the two retailers announced they will keep looking for ways to address their differences.
In separate but almost identically worded statements, Deseret Book and Seagull Book & Tape said that they "have begun discussions to explore options for addressing the differences that have existed between our two companies."
In the meantime, Deseret Book said it has extended Seagull Book's ability to purchase Deseret Book products through the end of August 2006.
The Deseret Book statement was released under the name of its executive vice president, Jeff Simpson. The Seagull statement quoted its executive vice president, Jon Kofford.
No additional details about the relationship between Deseret Book and Seagull Book were released.
Simpson confirmed earlier this month that Deseret Book would stop selling its products to Seagull, citing "a difference of opinion about how they (Seagull) merchandised, marketed and promoted our products." According to Simpson, Seagull didn't adequately utilize promotional materials or implement merchandising programs.Deseret Book, like the Deseret Morning News, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deseret Management Corp., the holding company for businesses owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- Utah improves score in national rankings on...
- What you need to know about massive air bag...
- Lehi-based Vivint debuts innovation facility
- HealthCare.gov's EZ form not for legal...
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination law...
- Britain protests EU demand for additional...
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales, profit
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 8
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales,... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4
- Lower gas prices could mean economic... 3
- Survey: Harassment a common part of... 2
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on... 2
- EPA: Gas mileage inflated on 4 Mini... 1