The strained relationship between Deseret Book and Seagull Book & Tape continued Wednesday, but the two retailers announced they will keep looking for ways to address their differences.
In separate but almost identically worded statements, Deseret Book and Seagull Book & Tape said that they "have begun discussions to explore options for addressing the differences that have existed between our two companies."
In the meantime, Deseret Book said it has extended Seagull Book's ability to purchase Deseret Book products through the end of August 2006.
The Deseret Book statement was released under the name of its executive vice president, Jeff Simpson. The Seagull statement quoted its executive vice president, Jon Kofford.
No additional details about the relationship between Deseret Book and Seagull Book were released.
Simpson confirmed earlier this month that Deseret Book would stop selling its products to Seagull, citing "a difference of opinion about how they (Seagull) merchandised, marketed and promoted our products." According to Simpson, Seagull didn't adequately utilize promotional materials or implement merchandising programs.Deseret Book, like the Deseret Morning News, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deseret Management Corp., the holding company for businesses owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Happiness research inspired one business...
- How much money should you be saving from each...
- Airline industry is least liked industries in...
- April 15 may be Tax Day, but Tax Freedom Day...
- University of Utah commits to buying more...
- Why do only half of Americans invest in stocks?
- Did you file your taxes jointly or...
- Leadership touted at governor's economic summit
- Happiness research inspired one... 12
- EnergySolutions shouldn't store uranium... 8
- Why do only half of Americans invest in... 5
- Contact lens makers sue Utah over... 4
- Airline industry is least liked... 4
- Did you file your taxes jointly or... 4
- University of Utah commits to buying... 3
- Leadership touted at governor's... 3