PROVO A suspected gang member is in custody after officers found him with a large, curved knife at a gang fight in Provo, police said.
Officers got a call Thursday night that there was a fight at a house police know is gang affiliated, according to the police report filed in 4th District Court.
When police arrived, two individuals wearing gang-affiliated colors took off running, while one became belligerent with the officers.
A 20-year-old man who ran tossed his knife on the top of a building in the back yard before he was stopped by officers, police said.
They arrested the man for investigation into possession of a dangerous weapon and failure to stop at command, with gang enhancements.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10