PROVO A man was flown by helicopter off Y Mountain Saturday after falling while hiking, according to police reports.
The victim, 21, had been camping the night before with friends in an area near Eagle Pass, according to Provo Police Sgt. Mark Troxel. As the party descended the mountain at approximately 1:20 p.m., they slid on snow in the area, Troxel said. The victim lost control and plummeted down the hillside, landing in a grove of trees.
A friend of the victim reported the accident to the police, who then called Life Flight personnel to help with the rescue, Troxel said. The victim was evacuated at approximately 2:30 p.m. and taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
At press time, the name of the victim had not been released.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15