PROVO A man was flown by helicopter off Y Mountain Saturday after falling while hiking, according to police reports.
The victim, 21, had been camping the night before with friends in an area near Eagle Pass, according to Provo Police Sgt. Mark Troxel. As the party descended the mountain at approximately 1:20 p.m., they slid on snow in the area, Troxel said. The victim lost control and plummeted down the hillside, landing in a grove of trees.
A friend of the victim reported the accident to the police, who then called Life Flight personnel to help with the rescue, Troxel said. The victim was evacuated at approximately 2:30 p.m. and taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
At press time, the name of the victim had not been released.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9