PROVO A man was flown by helicopter off Y Mountain Saturday after falling while hiking, according to police reports.
The victim, 21, had been camping the night before with friends in an area near Eagle Pass, according to Provo Police Sgt. Mark Troxel. As the party descended the mountain at approximately 1:20 p.m., they slid on snow in the area, Troxel said. The victim lost control and plummeted down the hillside, landing in a grove of trees.
A friend of the victim reported the accident to the police, who then called Life Flight personnel to help with the rescue, Troxel said. The victim was evacuated at approximately 2:30 p.m. and taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
At press time, the name of the victim had not been released.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 93
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 12