PROVO A man was flown by helicopter off Y Mountain Saturday after falling while hiking, according to police reports.
The victim, 21, had been camping the night before with friends in an area near Eagle Pass, according to Provo Police Sgt. Mark Troxel. As the party descended the mountain at approximately 1:20 p.m., they slid on snow in the area, Troxel said. The victim lost control and plummeted down the hillside, landing in a grove of trees.
A friend of the victim reported the accident to the police, who then called Life Flight personnel to help with the rescue, Troxel said. The victim was evacuated at approximately 2:30 p.m. and taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
At press time, the name of the victim had not been released.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 35
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17