PROVO A man was flown by helicopter off Y Mountain Saturday after falling while hiking, according to police reports.
The victim, 21, had been camping the night before with friends in an area near Eagle Pass, according to Provo Police Sgt. Mark Troxel. As the party descended the mountain at approximately 1:20 p.m., they slid on snow in the area, Troxel said. The victim lost control and plummeted down the hillside, landing in a grove of trees.
A friend of the victim reported the accident to the police, who then called Life Flight personnel to help with the rescue, Troxel said. The victim was evacuated at approximately 2:30 p.m. and taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
At press time, the name of the victim had not been released.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8