Police and school district officials are investigating allegations of hazing involving members of Pleasant View's Weber High School drill team.
Newly chosen girls on the team were allegedly forced to run naked across a football field in the night earlier this month as part of an initiation.
"The reports we have is that it was dark and there were not other people present," said Weber School District spokesman Nate Taggart.
The Pleasant View Police Department confirmed it has opened an investigation to see if anything criminal happened. On Friday, police officers and school officials were questioning members of the drill team, known as the "Warriorettes."
"We're still trying to get to the bottom of it," Taggart said. "In these situations, it's rarely black and white, and what's first reported usually isn't what it is."
If the hazing allegations are found to be true, Weber High School could suspend the girls, he said.
Earlier this month, St. George prosecutors filed criminal charges against four members of Heber's Wasatch High baseball team stemming from a hazing incident. Police said a half-dozen baseball players "dogpiled" on six others and inappropriately touched them in a hazing ritual inside a St. George motel room, where the team was staying during a baseball tournament.Several of the students were suspended by Wasatch High School, said superintendent Terry Shoemaker.
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 17
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 15