PROVO Police say a 45-year-old man on Saturday threatened his daughter and former girlfriend with a sword.
The ex-girlfriend, who is pregnant, told police she was talking to the man when he began arguing with her and his 17-year-old daughter about traveling to Cedar City.
He slapped the woman in the face and back, then unsheathed a sword, which he used to threaten her, according to a police report.
He then put it away and said "he could do what he needed with his hands," according to the police report written by responding officers and filed in 4th District Court.
After the man put the sword down, according to police, the daughter grabbed it to get it away from him. He grabbed her arm and tried to get it back, but was stopped by another witness.
When police responded to the scene, they found the man, who was agitated, across the street. Officers subdued the man with a Taser weapon, and the man told them he had consumed a case of beer.
He was booked into the Utah County Jail on $20,000 cash-only bail for investigation of assault and child abuse, assault on a police officer, resisting arrest and public intoxication.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Utah mother who left 11-month-old in... 13