PROVO Police say a 45-year-old man on Saturday threatened his daughter and former girlfriend with a sword.
The ex-girlfriend, who is pregnant, told police she was talking to the man when he began arguing with her and his 17-year-old daughter about traveling to Cedar City.
He slapped the woman in the face and back, then unsheathed a sword, which he used to threaten her, according to a police report.
He then put it away and said "he could do what he needed with his hands," according to the police report written by responding officers and filed in 4th District Court.
After the man put the sword down, according to police, the daughter grabbed it to get it away from him. He grabbed her arm and tried to get it back, but was stopped by another witness.
When police responded to the scene, they found the man, who was agitated, across the street. Officers subdued the man with a Taser weapon, and the man told them he had consumed a case of beer.
He was booked into the Utah County Jail on $20,000 cash-only bail for investigation of assault and child abuse, assault on a police officer, resisting arrest and public intoxication.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 86
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16