PROVO Police say a 45-year-old man on Saturday threatened his daughter and former girlfriend with a sword.
The ex-girlfriend, who is pregnant, told police she was talking to the man when he began arguing with her and his 17-year-old daughter about traveling to Cedar City.
He slapped the woman in the face and back, then unsheathed a sword, which he used to threaten her, according to a police report.
He then put it away and said "he could do what he needed with his hands," according to the police report written by responding officers and filed in 4th District Court.
After the man put the sword down, according to police, the daughter grabbed it to get it away from him. He grabbed her arm and tried to get it back, but was stopped by another witness.
When police responded to the scene, they found the man, who was agitated, across the street. Officers subdued the man with a Taser weapon, and the man told them he had consumed a case of beer.
He was booked into the Utah County Jail on $20,000 cash-only bail for investigation of assault and child abuse, assault on a police officer, resisting arrest and public intoxication.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Students test interactive experiences ahead...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 14