PROVO Police say a 45-year-old man on Saturday threatened his daughter and former girlfriend with a sword.
The ex-girlfriend, who is pregnant, told police she was talking to the man when he began arguing with her and his 17-year-old daughter about traveling to Cedar City.
He slapped the woman in the face and back, then unsheathed a sword, which he used to threaten her, according to a police report.
He then put it away and said "he could do what he needed with his hands," according to the police report written by responding officers and filed in 4th District Court.
After the man put the sword down, according to police, the daughter grabbed it to get it away from him. He grabbed her arm and tried to get it back, but was stopped by another witness.
When police responded to the scene, they found the man, who was agitated, across the street. Officers subdued the man with a Taser weapon, and the man told them he had consumed a case of beer.
He was booked into the Utah County Jail on $20,000 cash-only bail for investigation of assault and child abuse, assault on a police officer, resisting arrest and public intoxication.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 19
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14