Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko's extracurricular sex life, or lack thereof, has become a subject of national amusement.
Kirilenko's wife, Masha Lopatova, once a pop star in the couple's native Russia, is quoted in the current issue of ESPN The Magazine as saying she allows her husband to have sex with another woman one night a year.
"When this article comes out, girls will be lining up outside his hotel door," she told the magazine. "When I'm aware and I let him do it, it's not cheating."
Kirilenko's response: "I'm not planning to do anything. But she said if you want to do it, you can do it."
The story became a hot topic on American sports-talk radio and cable television earlier this week, including ESPN's popular "Pardon The Interruption." Said co-host Michael Wilbon, a Washington Post columnist, "Ain't Mrs. Kirilenko the coolest wife in the world or what?" Quipped co-host Tony Kornheiser, also a Post columnist: "She is a top-five wife, all-time."
One other interesting revelation from the magazine story shed light on how Kirilenko likes to spend some of his offseason time away from conservative Utah: "I have seven months when I can be patient," he said, "and five months when I can go to nightclubs and nobody will say anything to me."
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 31
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26