For the fourth straight week, the University of Utah's gymnastics team ranks second in the NCAA coaches' poll done this week for the final time this season by total season average.
Next week, poll criteria will be Regional Qualifying Score, an average of six scores, half of which must be from the road, and some shake-ups will likely happen. If it were by RQS this week, Utah would be third. Not all teams have had enough meets to have an RQS yet, and some may not have enough next week, which will also scramble some rankings.
Southern Utah ranks 22nd, BYU 25th and Utah State 30th.
In events, 7-0 Utah rates second on balance beam with an average of 48.875, third in vault at 49.13, fourth on floor at 48.983, fourth on bars at another 48.983. SUU's floor team ranks 21st (48.39) and BYU's 24th (48.30), and SUU is 23rd on beam (48.125) with BYU 24th (48.069). On bars, SUU is 20th (48.415).
Individually, Utah's Nicolle Ford is fifth (39.35) in all-around rankings, with freshman Kristina Baskett (39.058) 20th. Ford (9.854) is No. 4 on beam with Ashley Postell (9.825) tied for 10th and SUU's Leah Sakhitab (9.810) right behind in 13th. Ford (9.90) is also fourth on bars. Baskett (9.867) is the highest ranked local in vault.
After two away meets, Utah finally returns home to the Huntsman Center Friday to host Minnesota at 7 p.m. Utah State is at Boise State Friday, and Southern Utah hosts West Virginia Saturday. BYU is off this week.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35