Jazz rookie backup point guard Deron Williams, who missed Monday's overtime win over Chicago due to a sprained left ankle sustained during pre-game warmups, did not practice Wednesday.
Williams, however, plans to practice today and said he hopes to play Friday at Minnesota.
Williams also confirmed he sprained the ankle after stepping on a ballboy's foot before he even tried to take the shot on which he was planning.
"I never came down," Williams said, "because I never went up. I just fell to the ground."
Meanwhile, Gordan Giricek (Achilles tendinitis), Robert Whaley (arthroscopic knee surgery) and Andre Owens (tibia stress fracture) all remain out indefinitely.Whaley, though, did shoot free throws after sitting out Wednesday's practice scrimmage.
BELL RINGER: Ex-Jazz swingman Raja Bell of Phoenix has been tapped to take part in the 3-point shooting contest during this month's NBA All-Star Game Weekend, competing against Seattle's Ray Allen, Detroit's Chauncey Billups, Dallas teammates Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry, and defending champ Quentin Richardson of New York.Through Tuesday, Bell was shooting 43.5 percent from 3-point range 3-plus percent better than he hit last season in Utah.
ARCENEAUX SIGNS: According to ProExposure.com, Weber State product Harold Arceneaux, a former Jazz Rocky Mountain Revue summer-leaguer, has signed with Marinos in Venezuela, and Anthony Bonner, who was in the Jazz's 2003 fall training camp but did not make the team, recently signed with Penarol Mar del Plata in Argentina.
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 97
- Morning links: National college... 96
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 57
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 30
- 9 observations from the release of Utah... 14