Like "Brokeback Mountain," questions surround a new NBC series: "The Book of Daniel."
It's about the family of Episcopalian priest Daniel Webster, which struggles with issues including drugs, death and sexuality. Webster has conversations with Jesus, who sometimes appears to him.
At least two NBC affiliates have decided not to air the show. KSL Channel 5 decided to run the first episode Friday. KSL received several calls in response. Michelle Kettle, KSL programming director, released the following statement:"Management has reviewed the first episode of "The Book of Daniel," and while . . . it may not reflect the views of the dominant religion, we respect the wide diversity within our community and have chosen to let the viewers determine the success or failure of the program."
Editor's note: The Deseret Morning News has an ongoing news-gathering relationship with KSL.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14