Like "Brokeback Mountain," questions surround a new NBC series: "The Book of Daniel."
It's about the family of Episcopalian priest Daniel Webster, which struggles with issues including drugs, death and sexuality. Webster has conversations with Jesus, who sometimes appears to him.
At least two NBC affiliates have decided not to air the show. KSL Channel 5 decided to run the first episode Friday. KSL received several calls in response. Michelle Kettle, KSL programming director, released the following statement:"Management has reviewed the first episode of "The Book of Daniel," and while . . . it may not reflect the views of the dominant religion, we respect the wide diversity within our community and have chosen to let the viewers determine the success or failure of the program."
Editor's note: The Deseret Morning News has an ongoing news-gathering relationship with KSL.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Utah's energy summit highlights challenges,...
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented business...
- Groundbreaking held for new Provo courthouse
- Family: Concert promoter who was gunned down...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 104
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 9
- Salt Lake City Council allocates... 8