Like "Brokeback Mountain," questions surround a new NBC series: "The Book of Daniel."
It's about the family of Episcopalian priest Daniel Webster, which struggles with issues including drugs, death and sexuality. Webster has conversations with Jesus, who sometimes appears to him.
At least two NBC affiliates have decided not to air the show. KSL Channel 5 decided to run the first episode Friday. KSL received several calls in response. Michelle Kettle, KSL programming director, released the following statement:"Management has reviewed the first episode of "The Book of Daniel," and while . . . it may not reflect the views of the dominant religion, we respect the wide diversity within our community and have chosen to let the viewers determine the success or failure of the program."
Editor's note: The Deseret Morning News has an ongoing news-gathering relationship with KSL.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12