Like "Brokeback Mountain," questions surround a new NBC series: "The Book of Daniel."
It's about the family of Episcopalian priest Daniel Webster, which struggles with issues including drugs, death and sexuality. Webster has conversations with Jesus, who sometimes appears to him.
At least two NBC affiliates have decided not to air the show. KSL Channel 5 decided to run the first episode Friday. KSL received several calls in response. Michelle Kettle, KSL programming director, released the following statement:"Management has reviewed the first episode of "The Book of Daniel," and while . . . it may not reflect the views of the dominant religion, we respect the wide diversity within our community and have chosen to let the viewers determine the success or failure of the program."
Editor's note: The Deseret Morning News has an ongoing news-gathering relationship with KSL.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12