Like "Brokeback Mountain," questions surround a new NBC series: "The Book of Daniel."
It's about the family of Episcopalian priest Daniel Webster, which struggles with issues including drugs, death and sexuality. Webster has conversations with Jesus, who sometimes appears to him.
At least two NBC affiliates have decided not to air the show. KSL Channel 5 decided to run the first episode Friday. KSL received several calls in response. Michelle Kettle, KSL programming director, released the following statement:"Management has reviewed the first episode of "The Book of Daniel," and while . . . it may not reflect the views of the dominant religion, we respect the wide diversity within our community and have chosen to let the viewers determine the success or failure of the program."
Editor's note: The Deseret Morning News has an ongoing news-gathering relationship with KSL.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10