'I'm proud he died with his boots on'
Family speaks to media about missionary's death
"He was the one who went and got help, even though he was wounded," Mark Young said, adding that he has the utmost respect for Heidbrink.
The Youngs came back to Bountiful early Friday. As they waited for their baggage, they saw a missionary who had completed his service being greeted by family members.
"We are so happy he's home," Kathy Young said. "It was just a moment a moment I was denied."
The Youngs refuse to believe they are now a five-member family.
"Life is eternal, and we are always a family," Kathy Young said.
As for the man who is now accused of shooting their son, the Youngs don't hold any anger.
"Just sorrow," Mark Young said. "The consequences of this are going to last some time.""I'm proud that he died with his boots on," Kathy Young said of her son.
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Skier rescued from Alta avalanche by...
- Charges: Naked man bites dog
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 123
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 36
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 29
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in... 15
- Do Utah high school students need four... 15
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 13
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10