'I'm proud he died with his boots on'
Family speaks to media about missionary's death
"He was the one who went and got help, even though he was wounded," Mark Young said, adding that he has the utmost respect for Heidbrink.
The Youngs came back to Bountiful early Friday. As they waited for their baggage, they saw a missionary who had completed his service being greeted by family members.
"We are so happy he's home," Kathy Young said. "It was just a moment a moment I was denied."
The Youngs refuse to believe they are now a five-member family.
"Life is eternal, and we are always a family," Kathy Young said.
As for the man who is now accused of shooting their son, the Youngs don't hold any anger.
"Just sorrow," Mark Young said. "The consequences of this are going to last some time.""I'm proud that he died with his boots on," Kathy Young said of her son.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 72
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24