'I'm proud he died with his boots on'
Family speaks to media about missionary's death
"He was the one who went and got help, even though he was wounded," Mark Young said, adding that he has the utmost respect for Heidbrink.
The Youngs came back to Bountiful early Friday. As they waited for their baggage, they saw a missionary who had completed his service being greeted by family members.
"We are so happy he's home," Kathy Young said. "It was just a moment a moment I was denied."
The Youngs refuse to believe they are now a five-member family.
"Life is eternal, and we are always a family," Kathy Young said.
As for the man who is now accused of shooting their son, the Youngs don't hold any anger.
"Just sorrow," Mark Young said. "The consequences of this are going to last some time.""I'm proud that he died with his boots on," Kathy Young said of her son.
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Senate committee snuffs out e-cigarettes...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- House, Senate still struggling over budget
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 55
- National, local businesses file briefs... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 31
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 19
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 18