enhancement: Any improvement, by way of emerging technologies, that makes humans smarter, healthier, happier, with heightened senses and control over emotions, memory, genetics and aging.
radical longevity: Living far beyond 100.
posthuman: What the species may look and think like when we have merged with machines and machines have become more like humans.
nanotechnology: The molecule-by-molecule control of matter. Byproducts: nanorobots, nanocomputers, nanomedicine.
upload: To transfer human mental abilities, consciousness and personality to a supercomputer.
The Singularity: A term borrowed from mathematics and astrophysics, popularized by computer scientist and author Vernor Vinge in 1993; a point in the future when artificial intelligence has accelerated past the point that we can currently comprehend it. As technology guru Ray Kurzweil says in the title of his newest book: "The Singularity Is Near."
- Redskins find new opponent, supporter of name...
- Disgraced priest to wed pope adviser's daughter
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man with men...
- 'The Voice' fans angry about replacement of...
- 'Heaven is for Real': Trailer released for...
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church could be...
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's birth...
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 17
- 'The Voice' fans angry about... 8
- Redskins find new opponent, supporter... 5
- Netanyahu meets with Pope Francis,... 4
- Disgraced priest to wed pope adviser's... 4