The Deseret Morning News is reserving a seat for you next to Tim Buckley on press row in the Delta Center.
All you have to do is enter the "Cover the Jazz Contest." Those 18 and older must enter by Jan. 11, and those in grades 7 through 11 need to enter by March 31.
To enter, submit a sample sports story about any basketball game you attend in person or watch on TV. Write as if you were covering it for the newspaper. Entries will be judged on detail, writing style, humor, conciseness and clarity. Entries must be no longer than 600 words. Previous grand-prize winners are not eligible.
The 18-and-older winner will cover the Jazz-Toronto game on Jan. 17, and the student winner will cover the Jazz-Portland game on April 8. Winners will attend the game as a guest of Deseret Morning News Jazz beat writer Tim Buckley, have dinner in the press room, share their insights during an interview with KFNZ radio personalities, have a picture taken with a Jazz player, cover the game from press row and write a story that will appear in the next day's Deseret Morning News. Winners will also receive two VIP tickets for guests.
Other prizes, including Jazz suite tickets and Jazz sports gear, will be awarded to runners-up.
To enter, send your stories to "Cover A Jazz Game Contest," Deseret Morning News, 30 East 100 South, Suite 400, P.O. Box 1257, Salt Lake City, UT 84110. Or fax them to 801-237-2528 or e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must include name, address, e-mail, daytime and evening telephone numbers. Students need to include parents' names.
Complete contest details and prizes can be found at www.deseretnews.com on the Sports page link.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 110
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33