The Deseret Morning News once again is offering Utahns the opportunity to learn to ski and snowboard.
Registration for the 58th annual ski program and the seventh annual snowboard program is taking place at three Canyon Sports locations in the Salt Lake Valley 1844 E. 7000 South, 517 S. 200 West and 45 W. 10600 South.
Classes are Nov. 19, Dec. 3 and 10. The cost is $25 for the three classes.
Ski classes will be at Alta and snowboard classes will be at Snowbird. Snowboarders must register at Canyon Sports for one of two sessions. The morning session is from 9 to 11 a.m., the afternoon session runs from 1 to 3 p.m. Classes are limited to 150 participants for each session.
A maximum of 400 skiers will be enrolled. Lessons run from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Students must provide their own transportation and equipment. Canyon Sports is offering special rental rates for enrollees. Snowboard rates are $33 for three weeks or $79.99 for the season. Ski rates are $29 for three weeks or $74.99 for the season.
For more information, see the coupon on this page or go to www.deseretnews.com. Registration closes when classes are filled or on Nov. 16.
- Ebola: Africa's image takes a hit
- New England raking in millions from leaf peepers
- Iran says number of foreign tourists surges
- U.S. government to allow some Haitians to...
- Renting a car? Using a debit card could...
- Ebola causing some people to change travel plans
- Harvard junior took dying mom to Mexico, now...