Marlin Business Services Corp., a New Jersey-based equipment leasing solutions provider, announced Friday that it has applied for a Utah industrial bank charter.
The company said it has submitted applications to the Utah Department of Financial Institutions and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. If approved, it will operate as Marlin Business Bank.
Marlin said in a statement that operating an industrial bank will allow the company to grow assets, expand funding sources and lower its cost of borrowing.
Marlin expects the regulatory review and approval process will take up to nine months to complete.
- New solar energy project at Utah Olympic Oval...
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Company plans to hire up to 1,000 new...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over missile fear
- Microsoft makes design central to its future
- Randy Shumway: The power of the 30-year mortgage
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 6
- Would you permanently leave your family... 6
- Future of Draper Park School building... 4
- New solar energy project at Utah... 4
- Weird ways our brains control our money... 3
- Project aims to improve wireless... 2
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 2