Marlin Business Services Corp., a New Jersey-based equipment leasing solutions provider, announced Friday that it has applied for a Utah industrial bank charter.
The company said it has submitted applications to the Utah Department of Financial Institutions and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. If approved, it will operate as Marlin Business Bank.
Marlin said in a statement that operating an industrial bank will allow the company to grow assets, expand funding sources and lower its cost of borrowing.
Marlin expects the regulatory review and approval process will take up to nine months to complete.
- Women innovators leading by example
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- Retiring overseas is more than a matter of money
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a large...
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- 19 Mother's Day gift ideas for moms with...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on the poor
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- More Americans spending at least half... 14
- Proposed trade legislation could boost... 5
- US factory activity improves in April,... 3
- Women innovators leading by example 3
- We finally understand what robots mean... 2
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job... 2
- Exxon's 1Q profit falls 46 percent amid... 1