Marlin Business Services Corp., a New Jersey-based equipment leasing solutions provider, announced Friday that it has applied for a Utah industrial bank charter.
The company said it has submitted applications to the Utah Department of Financial Institutions and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. If approved, it will operate as Marlin Business Bank.
Marlin said in a statement that operating an industrial bank will allow the company to grow assets, expand funding sources and lower its cost of borrowing.
Marlin expects the regulatory review and approval process will take up to nine months to complete.
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Balancing act: List of top work-from-home...
- Why small businesses want a higher minimum wage
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats...
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Wellness programs grow more popular with...
- University of Utah launches community solar...
- Keflezighi's Boston win a boost for shoe sponsor
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- University of Utah launches community... 15
- Why small businesses want a higher... 9
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats... 6