Marlin Business Services Corp., a New Jersey-based equipment leasing solutions provider, announced Friday that it has applied for a Utah industrial bank charter.
The company said it has submitted applications to the Utah Department of Financial Institutions and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. If approved, it will operate as Marlin Business Bank.
Marlin said in a statement that operating an industrial bank will allow the company to grow assets, expand funding sources and lower its cost of borrowing.
Marlin expects the regulatory review and approval process will take up to nine months to complete.
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Things are looking up in the economy, but not...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric... 4