Marlin Business Services Corp., a New Jersey-based equipment leasing solutions provider, announced Friday that it has applied for a Utah industrial bank charter.
The company said it has submitted applications to the Utah Department of Financial Institutions and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. If approved, it will operate as Marlin Business Bank.
Marlin said in a statement that operating an industrial bank will allow the company to grow assets, expand funding sources and lower its cost of borrowing.
Marlin expects the regulatory review and approval process will take up to nine months to complete.
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- What are people gifting this year? Data from...
- Should toy marketing be gender neutral?
- Low gas prices are great, but could be...
- Selling gold, precious metals part of...
- More 'Help Wanted' signs up at small businesses
- Guaranteeing results: College sees small, big...
- BBC exposes inhumane working conditions... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5
- Survey finds fewer women working now... 5
- Should toy marketing be gender neutral? 3
- Low gas prices are great, but could be... 3
- US home sales dropped sharply in November 1
- US consumer spending up solid 0.6 pct.... 1
- New parking lot entrance opens at Salt... 1